Pearl Jam shows love for Kareem.......NOT!

edited November 2009 in The Porch
http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blo ... areem.html

People are dumb......it is dissing his arrogant ass!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Most people can't see beyond the surface. The PJ faithful know!
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Great moments in Spectrum history: Pearl Jam shows love for Kareem

By: PATRICK BERKERY
    phillyBurbs.com

This is actually one of the last moments in Spectrum history. From Pearl Jam's Spectrum-closing Halloween gig, a musical tribute to Kareem Abdul Jabbar (who announced on Tuesday he's suffering from a rare form of leukemia that) called "Sweet Lew" sung by PJ's bassist and hoops junkie Jeff Ament.

Note Ament in the Wilt Chamberlain jersey, and Eddie Vedder dribbling the rock in time with the kick drum.

The band had never performed it live until that show. Eerie foreshadowing, in a way.

Fist bump to my man Dan DeLuca, who recapped all four Pearl Jam Spectrum gigs in his In the Mix blog.

November 11, 2009 10:57 AM

What's the problem with this? :roll:
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • kind of off topic......but it made me laugh to see "Not" used again.
  • Well it still was cool to hear them bust that out no matter Jeff's reason for writing it. I'm sure with age, he's come to terms with being 'dissed' by KAJ especially since he himself was known for not being very enthusiastic or nice to many fans when they were on the rise. That's what I always found so ironic about this song when I first heard it. Anyway, It was really nice to see him so engaged and seemingly enjoying himself throughout the shows particularly the 31st and I would like to think he is far more approachable now than he used to be in the past.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• I think Sweet Lew is a nice reminder for Jeff...it's funny how before people are famous, rich and bothered, they can come off as so put-off by the rich and famous not wanting to be approached or worshipped...remember how you felt when you wrote it Jeff?..............and how you feel now?

Fame is a bitch, huh?.....

Kinda makes you look foolish now... :? :? :? :? :? :lol:

Sweet Jeff, How could You??????????

P.S. Remember, everyone's got something to hide.....'cept for me and my monkey ;)

Hard to hold true to naive ideals, isn't it...................................

"so this is what it's like to be an adult................no trade backs............"
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."