Poster pre-sale, Australia

GazzBot24GazzBot24 Posts: 29
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Has a poster pre-sale similar to the one done in the US been announced for Australia?
"Recently as I was waiting on a dream...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I asked 10c they said
    10 Club wrote:
    go fuck yourself convicts
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I asked 10c they said
    10 Club wrote:

Bahahahaha!!! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • GazzBot24 wrote:
    Has a poster pre-sale similar to the one done in the US been announced for Australia?

No it hasn't and won't happen. There was another thread about this and some thought that because they are made locally it wouldn't make sense to ship from 10C.

Not sure if this is the reason or not but doesn't look like it will be happening unfortunately. Don't really feel like holding a poster in GA myself... :?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I was worried that we would either have to try and get good possies and no poster, or poster and shit possie.

So on the advice of someone else on here, I contacted 10c and they said there will be a stall near ticket collection "So fans can then put it back in their cars before the show"

Um, Weren't we told to catch public transport?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    I was worried that we would either have to try and get good possies and no poster, or poster and shit possie.

So on the advice of someone else on here, I contacted 10c and they said there will be a stall near ticket collection "So fans can then put it back in their cars before the show"

Really? Do you mean a special stall to hold them until after the show?

That sucks if it's before the show. I won't be driving a car either...
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Really? Do you mean a special stall to hold them until after the show?

That sucks if it's before the show. I won't be driving a car either...

Just a merch stall open before entry. It's better than having to fight for merch and a good spot. But my poster is going to cop it
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • On the last tour I took along a poster tube, stored the posters in it and they had a storage where they gave you a ticket to pick it up after the show..

Or

Keep an eye on this site after the show. http://www.beyondthepale.com.au/home/
    They are situated in St.Kilda and had every Oz tour poster available after the tour.

They still seem to have a few from last tour available. I think I paid about 25 bucks each a few weeks after last tour.Seems the price has jumped a bit on em now.
    1995 March 18: Melbourne
    1998 March 02: Melbourne
    2003 February 18: Melbourne
    2006 November 10: Brisbane
    2006 November 13: Melbourne
    2006 November 14: Melbourne
    2006 November 16: Melbourne
    2009 November 20: Melbourne
    2014 January 24: Melbourne BDO

• pjfan31 wrote:

I hope that means the stall at Bris will be open same time as the 10C ticket collection point so that I can grab my poster and tix in my lunch break - the perfect crime. Not holding my breath tho
    I'll swallow poison until I grow immune. I will scream my lungs out til it fills this room.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i'm just gonna throw it out there and say this is the funniest thing ever written on the internets.

I asked 10c they said
    10 Club wrote:
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • ]

I hope that means the stall at Bris will be open same time as the 10C ticket collection point so that I can grab my poster and tix in my lunch break - the perfect crime. Not holding my breath tho
    I second that motion but fuck I'm a rep so I do what ever the fuck I want. where the hel am I gonna park at 1:30 to get tix poster and tsirts.... Fishy! help please
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Klausens preview of christchuch is up on his site
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    where the hel am I gonna park at 1:30 to get tix poster and tsirts.... Fishy! help please

don't know? what's the plan? did you just want to go there and get your ticket and poster, then drive home and come back later??? or are you looking for somewhere to park for the whole night?

if you just want to pick your shit up and leave i'd just park and one of those shops on kessels, like freedom, the bowling alley, JB Hi Fi, or the one right on the corner has undercover parking.

but i'm also assume all these places will be cracking down on people parking there for the show, but at 1.30 you might be right.

if i drive i might park at sunnybank plaza and walk. or even the back road that runs parallel to mains, i'm not sure what it's called though. it's kinda the road that sunnybank sports club in on, and you can go the back way there to macgregor high.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • On the last tour I took along a poster tube, stored the posters in it and they had a storage where they gave you a ticket to pick it up after the show..

Or

Keep an eye on this site after the show. http://www.beyondthepale.com.au/home/
    They are situated in St.Kilda and had every Oz tour poster available after the tour.

They still seem to have a few from last tour available. I think I paid about 25 bucks each a few weeks after last tour.Seems the price has jumped a bit on em now.

I got posters from him last tour too. Good stuff and same price.
  • Klausens preview of christchuch is up on his site

Looks good from the thumbnail - a bit of a Maori design?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    i'm just gonna throw it out there and say this is the funniest thing ever written on the internets.

I asked 10c they said
    10 Club wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Gold.