Live @ the Garden question...

riCotokYoriCotokYo Posts: 159
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Before I had my own copy of Garden, I was at a girlfriends house, and I remember her playing some "Easter Eggs" from the DVD....The only one i remember for sure was Hungerstrike with Sleater/Kinney. Can someone tell me how to get to that....and, any other from the other four dvds...if they exist. Thanks in advance! Cheers

oh, and has anyone heard of another DVD and/or Legacy street dates?!....I'm sure there has been a few threads on this, but still....two stones with one bird, um....you meant what i knew!!.....riCo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Garden

Scroll down to the "Easter Egg" section for directions how to play it - it's the only one on the DVD as far as I know.
    :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Never knew about this...gonna go home and try it :-) Thanks!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • silver39 wrote:

You were better off not knowing about it. She ruins the song.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    silver39 wrote:

This is true.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Garden

Scroll down to the "Easter Egg" section for directions how to play it - it's the only one on the DVD as far as I know.
    wow, thanks so much!

and, off subject but I'm a drummer too! ...and I'm totally stoked about getting all new K custom hybrids all around, except the Hi Hats are K dark, and the china is Advedis.....and i got the new DW 9002 and 9000 HH stand....I don't know about you, but in the 24 years I've been playing i, at best, usually only get one or two new cymbals at a time, so this was like xmas morning, my wife rocks!!.....so, bottom line, I've been dying to tell someone that cares....my band mates hate hate hate gear talk....my wife TRIES to care...lol......cheers!!
  • DS114969 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

This is true.
    That sucks, I'm about to check it out....If I'm not mistaking, there was a few hidden songs though.....
    silver39 wrote:

hahaha! Thanks for the info :-)
  • I could only ever get it to work on my computer
  • for some reason i thought there were more eggs, i guess not

is eddie vedders brother part of the film crew?
  • for some reason i thought there were more eggs, i guess not

is eddie vedders brother part of the film crew?
    Yea, I did too, but i just watched it, and that was it.....cool though! no where close to the Cornell version that just went down!!!
  • is eddie vedders brother part of the film crew?

could of sworn his brother / relative is in the credits, that or touring band
  • Fanbloodytastic, thanks geezer! :D
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    riCotokYo wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Garden

wow, thanks so much!

and, off subject but I'm a drummer too! ...and I'm totally stoked about getting all new K custom hybrids all around, except the Hi Hats are K dark, and the china is Advedis.....and i got the new DW 9002 and 9000 HH stand....I don't know about you, but in the 24 years I've been playing i, at best, usually only get one or two new cymbals at a time, so this was like xmas morning, my wife rocks!!.....so, bottom line, I've been dying to tell someone that cares....my band mates hate hate hate gear talk....my wife TRIES to care...lol......cheers!!

Congratulations on a great wife :D I'm a drummer too, played since I was 12, so thats........29 yrs now, not so much the last two yrs though :( but I'm ready to join a band any day!
    what a great thing, getting new cymbals all over, I still have my old A-zildjian crashes, paiste 2002 24" ride, meinl splash x 2 and a handmade china that I got in Turkey which is a killer :D

.....about the easter eggs, I'm also wondering if I missed something....

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I couldn't get it to work... tried 2 DVD players and my laptop... :(
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    Tone wrote:
    I couldn't get it to work... tried 2 DVD players and my laptop... :(

I cant get it to work on two dvd players either! this is Poo! And now the good morning kind either. Like the bad swine flu kind!
  • riCotokYo wrote:

wow, thanks so much!

That's awesome! Unfortunately, I had to sell my kit about a year ago to pay some bills, but hopefully this coming year I will get a new one. I started off playing a mix of Sabian, Zildjian, and Paiste, and have played Sabian exclusively for the last 10 years or so - maybe this time I'll try some Zildjians. Have fun!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • If you're trying to view it on a computer, in the DVD viewing software, select "Title 2" I don't know if Windows Media gives you this option but I know others do. "Title 3" is the FBI warning at the end of the DVD. I don't see any other Easter Eggs on this particular disc. Hope that helps those that weren't able to view it before.
    I tried last night too and it didn't work??
  • i dont think that is how i access mine, if i remember correctly on disc one you go all the way to the end, past the credits and keeping hitting next track until it comes up. almost postivie thats how i got it
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Thanks, I will try that next :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • I went to Black hit right 2 times rapidly, wont work?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    doing that just took me down to the main menu.. boo.urns.
  • is eddie vedders brother part of the film crew?

Yes, he is
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • figured as much
  • Staffan wrote:
    riCotokYo wrote:

wow, thanks so much!

Congratulations on a great wife :D I'm a drummer too, played since I was 12, so thats........29 yrs now, not so much the last two yrs though :( but I'm ready to join a band any day!
    what a great thing, getting new cymbals all over, I still have my old A-zildjian crashes, paiste 2002 24" ride, meinl splash x 2 and a handmade china that I got in Turkey which is a killer :D

.....about the easter eggs, I'm also wondering if I missed something....

Peace
    right on, what kinda kit do you play?!
  • riCotokYo wrote:

wow, thanks so much!

That's awesome! Unfortunately, I had to sell my kit about a year ago to pay some bills, but hopefully this coming year I will get a new one. I started off playing a mix of Sabian, Zildjian, and Paiste, and have played Sabian exclusively for the last 10 years or so - maybe this time I'll try some Zildjians. Have fun!
    Man, I played Sabian for years...like 20....i just needed a change...
    [/quote]
    right on, what kinda kit do you play?![/quote]

I went through a bunch of kits way back when I was working in a musicstore, my favourite was an old Gretsch kit from the 70's, but I couldn't afford to keep it :( I settled for a Tama rockstar kit about 15 yrs ago,10-12-14-22" + 14" Sonor snare, I've tried some different heads and tunings over the years as well, but I like the normal REMO coated emperor all over except for the bassdrum where I normally use a Evans EQ4 clear or equivalent, I usually tune both batter and resonant at the same pitch to get a nice controlled tone....

.......I guess this discussion doesn't belong in this forum....:D

Peace

• Staffan wrote:
    right on, what kinda kit do you play?![/quote]

I went through a bunch of kits way back when I was working in a musicstore, my favourite was an old Gretsch kit from the 70's, but I couldn't afford to keep it :( I settled for a Tama rockstar kit about 15 yrs ago,10-12-14-22" + 14" Sonor snare, I've tried some different heads and tunings over the years as well, but I like the normal REMO coated emperor all over except for the bassdrum where I normally use a Evans EQ4 clear or equivalent, I usually tune both batter and resonant at the same pitch to get a nice controlled tone....

Peace[/quote]
    mine is a similar story, I have a Gretsch four piece (only 12 and 16 toms, only i tune my bottom heads tighter than the top for faster response) and i have a Sonor snare too, some random guy in our studio was selling it (by the look in his eye probably for crack!) for $80!
    riCotokYo wrote:
    Staffan wrote:
    right on, what kinda kit do you play?!

Peace[/quote]
    mine is a similar story, I have a Gretsch four piece (only 12 and 16 toms, only i tune my bottom heads tighter than the top for faster response) and i have a Sonor snare too, some random guy in our studio was selling it (by the look in his eye probably for crack!) for $80![/quote]

80 is a bargain (how much crack did he get for that??) I had a Sonor kit once, I sold that but I couldnt part from the snare, I don't think it's from any of their top ranges but it sounds so good, I just put the head on, adjust a little and I'm good to go :)