ticketmaster

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
edited November 2009 in The Porch
"Our event provider clients decide at their sole discretion which of their tickets are made available for public sale. The tickets we sell belong to our clients and typically represent only a portion of (and sometimes substantially less than) the total venue seating capacity. On occasion, additional tickets may be released by the event provider as late as the event date."

at least now TM is admitting that only a portion of the available tickets go onsale to the public

what a freaking scam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    just another reason why the 10c kicks so much a$$...........but this is also nothing new..they have been doing this for years..
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I agree (about it being a scam). Unfortunately this statement is nothing new. I don't think TM or LN has denied doing this for years. Unfortunately at the end of the day, the people who lose under the current system are the fans who don't have unlimited resources. I'm convinced it really is a study in what kind of society we have here in the US.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    "Our event provider clients decide at their sole discretion which of their tickets are made available for public sale. The tickets we sell belong to our clients and typically represent only a portion of (and sometimes substantially less than) the total venue seating capacity. On occasion, additional tickets may be released by the event provider as late as the event date."

at least now TM is admitting that only a portion of the available tickets go onsale to the public

what a freaking scam

Yeah, it seems that a portion of the tickets are being held back for exclusive sale to members of the bands' fan clubs. Those evil bastards :!: :!: :!:
  • yup there's been a lot of news articles about it.
    they feed the scalpers.
    .....yeah and the fan clubs. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    You do realize that the clients they are referring to mean the artist and/or promoter right????
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Yeah, it seems that a portion of the tickets are being held back for exclusive sale to members of the bands' fan clubs. Those evil bastards :!: :!: :!:

its not the measly 8 percent or what ever the fan clubs get-TRUST
    this is their disclaimer for hoarding tickets for resale at higher prices
    and I do believe that TM is working with the promoters/bands to squeeze more money
    they are trying to capture the profits made in the secondary market (i.e. scalpers)

I know this is nothing new, Ive ranted about TM withholding tickets for years, its just interesting that TM has now added this statement to its onsale page-it wasnt there the last time I tried to buy TM tickets