Cheers

Nowhere ManNowhere Man Posts: 345
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on this TV show? I was thinking on buying the first season of it, I have never seen it before and was wondering if I should give it a shot.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I loved it!!! Watch the episode where Cliff is on Jeopardy -- it's a classic.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • one of the best series that was ever on TV....best finale for sure, too!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    evenin' everybody! :wave:
  • NORM!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    MM180489 wrote:
    I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on this TV show? I was thinking on buying the first season of it, I have never seen it before and was wondering if I should give it a shot.
    Are you talking about the old TV show "Cheers"? I am surprised you are just seeing it and learning about it. I am quite sure I have seen every episode, probably more than once, and not cuz of being a big fan, but just cuz its on all the time.
    Isn't the show more than 20 years old?
    Save room for dessert!
  • MM180489 wrote:

"making your way in the world today takes everything you got. taking a break from all your worries sure would help alot. " :D
  • the greatest leno show ever was live at cheers for the finale where woody and norm were drunk legit. Yes, one of the best shows ever. Woody, Carla, Rebecca, just great stuff.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    Best show of the '80's....followed by The Wonder Years, Full House, and Growing Pains. Honorable mention - Golden Girls, Perfect Strangers, Alf, Just The 10 Of Us, and Empty Nest. Oh, and The A Team.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    watch it. good stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Best show of the '80's....followed by The Wonder Years, Full House, and Growing Pains. Honorable mention - Golden Girls, Perfect Strangers, Alf, Just The 10 Of Us, and Empty Nest. Oh, and The A Team.
    Don't forget about the Cosby show!
    NERDS!
    Best show of the '80's....followed by The Wonder Years, Full House, and Growing Pains. Honorable mention - Golden Girls, Perfect Strangers, Alf, Just The 10 Of Us, and Empty Nest. Oh, and The A Team.

Yeah, definitely can't forget the Huxtables. Then again, I could go on forever and would probably need a whole 'nother thread dedicated to awesome TV shows that are no longer on tv.
  • Best show of the '80's....followed by The Wonder Years, Full House, and Growing Pains. Honorable mention - Golden Girls, Perfect Strangers, Alf, Just The 10 Of Us, and Empty Nest. Oh, and The A Team.

Yeah, definitely can't forget the Huxtables. Then again, I could go on forever and would probably need a whole 'nother thread dedicated to awesome TV shows that are no longer on tv.

I don't remember the Empty Nest?
    NERDS!

I don't remember the Empty Nest?

Ohhh c'moooon. Empty Nest - with Dreyfus the dog, and Joe Isuzu from the Isuzu commercials...

attachment.php?attachmentid=66992&d=1250291612
  • ^^^^^^

Don't remember that one. :oops:

Maybe that was an east coast only show. :lol:
    NERDS!
    ^^^^^^

Surprisingly, there's a lot we're keeping from "you people." ;)

I think it was a spin-off of Golden Girls.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    anybody that remembers empty nest watchs too much tv :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ^^^^^^

Like the good Pearl Jam shows? ;)
    NERDS!
    ^^^^^^

Like the good Pearl Jam shows? ;)

EXACTLY.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Yeah, Cheers is classic!

Too bad they don't play reruns as much as they used to in syndication.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    MM180489 wrote:
    Why would you buy a series from long ago that you have never watched?

Hell yeah, I was raised on Cheers. Great show.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MM180489 wrote:
    Probably seen every episode twice, just love it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Best show n tv. I loved the wars they would get into with the other bar. Best episode ever though is the one when Sam goes to Yankee stadium to pitch and the guy hits a bomb.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Best show n tv. I loved the wars they would get into with the other bar. Best episode ever though is the one when Sam goes to Yankee stadium to pitch and the guy hits a bomb.

Gary's Old Town Tavern
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LloydXmas wrote:

Gary's Old Town Tavern

Didn't they steal Wade Boggs pants in that one?
    OLD TOWN TAVERN!

OLD TOWN TAVERN!

OLD TOWN TAVERN!
    www.myspace.com
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    The only comedy that can compete with Senfeld.

Wings comes close too.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:

Wings comes close too.

:lol:

wings?
    www.myspace.com
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    BinFrog wrote:

Wings comes close too.

:lol:

wings?

Wings was hysterical.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Own every season and halfway through season 7. Not even finished with the series and it's already one of my all-time favorite shows.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Gary's Old Town Tavern

Didn't they steal Wade Boggs pants in that one?
    Yep. They thought it was someone trying to be Wade Boggs.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful