"im still here" ..... where?

bethanylblessingbethanylblessing Posts: 10
edited November 2009 in The Porch
so... just recently discovered im still here recording of eddie talking, a spoken word type poem over some really beautiful music. someone said this was on lost dogs. it is not.
does anyone know if it has been released anywhere???
thanks for the help!
bethany
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it's on Lost Dogs...but only on the ones released in Japan.
  • DrewRWxDrewRWx Posts: 71
    edited November 2009
    You can get a copy at gremmie.net .
    Post edited by DrewRWx on
  • idrapridrapr Posts: 66
    I got it from the lost dogs on itunes.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Love it..the tone in his voice is haunting.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • it's on Lost Dogs...but only on the ones released in Japan.

This guy is correct

Lost Dogs US got 4/20/02
    Lost Dogs Japan got I'm Still Here

Can't remember about the other international releases
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • ahhh ed's voice.
    i could listen to that on a loop.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ahhh ed's voice.

which is what I'm currently doing. :mrgreen: haven't listened to this for a while before tonight but I can still remember surprisingly much of it.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    ahhh ed's voice.

which is what I'm currently doing. :mrgreen: haven't listened to this for a while before tonight but I can still remember surprisingly much of it.

:lol:
    nice.

• mmmm, i do listen to it on loop. i love his voice. LOVE.
    and each time i do listen to it, i always get the chills, and all the hair on my arms stand up.
    one of the best spoken songs ever.
    :D
    be sound.
  • idrapridrapr Posts: 66
    It's not listed on the track listing from itunes but once it was on my ipod the song was the last one on the album after 4/20/02
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    it's on Lost Dogs...but only on the ones released in Japan.

This guy is correct

Lost Dogs US got 4/20/02
    Lost Dogs Japan got I'm Still Here

Can't remember about the other international releases

You are both incorrect. This song has never appeared on any known release anywhere. The Japan thing has persisted because the Internet leak of Lost Dogs (which has a few other differences from the official Lost Dogs release) said that it was ripped from a Japanese promo CD.

If this Japanese promo CD exists, then no one has heard or seen it. The people of pjcollectors.com know their shit about PJ releases and there is no Japanese promo CD of Lost Dogs listed on their site with this track. This track is a total mystery.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    My 8 year old son absolutely LOVES this one. He will listen to some PJ with me, but this is the one song he asks me to put on. Said he likes "the story" and it is so cool to hear him whispering it to himself while it's playing.
  • so if 02 is wrong, what year was it recorded?

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    so if 02 is wrong, what year was it recorded?

No one said it wasn't recorded in '02. Your guess is as good as anybody else's when it comes to when this track was recorded.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    idrapr wrote:
    It's not listed on the track listing from itunes but once it was on my ipod the song was the last one on the album after 4/20/02

Not disagreeing with you per say, but I just looked at iTunes, and it has 4/20/02 listed as being 3:52 in length. And when I listen to my physical, store bought copy, that song is also 3:52 in length.

And there is no listing for the song on iTunes, so are you saying that when you purchase the full album on iTunes that it gives you a song that isn't even listed? Or are you saying that the length listed on iTunes for 4/20/02 is inaccurate?

I'm going to side with Darthvedder here, because what he says, is what I've heard. No one knows for SURE where this song came from. Other then that its out there.