Article:ON MY iPOD DuVall Of Alice In Chains's six-track mix

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Features
ON MY iPOD William DuVall Of Alice In Chains's six-track mix

9 November 2009
Metro
METRO

Just Breathe by Pearl Jam I saw Eddie Vedder play this by himself with a string section. Who knew he was such a good finger-picking guitar player? How much talent can one man have?

In Limbo by Radiohead This came out when I moved to LA. It mirrors what I was feeling: the spiritual revelations, crazy parties, crazy things. I don't think anyone around at that time has been the same since.

Ascension by John Coltrane Coltrane was all about finding liberation through music. This was an attempt to break all the rules and every time I hear it, I get the spirit of what he was trying to do.

Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix I've been a musician since I was eight because of this. Hendrix was at the pinnacle of guitar improv and it encouraged me to strive. Aiming to be as good as him, you discover who you are.

One Line by PJ Harvey This is such a beautiful, hopeful song. There's something about Harvey's music that fits any landscape and gets you thinking about life.

Treat Me Like Your Mother by The Dead Weather Jack White is about as good as it gets. Whatever he does makes me think: 'What the hell? The b*****d's done it again!'

Alice In Chains's new LP, Black Gives Way To Blue (Parlophone), is out now.
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river