Limited Ed. Backspacer T-shirt from Target

JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
edited November 2009 in The Porch
*NOT BITCHING*

Remember when the album came out, and the limited edition Backspacer T-shirt was at Target?

I ordered mine from Target Online. a few days later they emailed me saying that they couldn't get it to me until mid-November. This was a bummer, but not the end of the world.

Today I just got an email telling me they couldn't ship till December 24. Still, not the end of the world. but really Target?

Has anyone else who ordered from Target received such an email?

-Joe
2006 - Washington D.C.
2010 - Bristow, VA
2013 - Charlottesville, VA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• loki34loki34 Posts: 111
    Got the same e-mail a week ago. I won one at the pre-party in Philly but gave it to a young lady from Canada thinking mine would be here soon. It seems that it will be a nice Christmas present to myself.
    "Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    loki34 wrote:
    Got the same e-mail a week ago. I won one at the pre-party in Philly but gave it to a young lady from Canada thinking mine would be here soon. It seems that it will be a nice Christmas present to myself.

That was very nice of you. Thumbs up!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I bought mine at our local Target. Sure hope you finally get it. I love mine. It's very soft and comfortable. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    wolfbear wrote:
    I bought mine at our local Target. Sure hope you finally get it. I love mine. It's very soft and comfortable. :)

Yeah, My Girlfriend lives near one of the Targets that was offering them and she said that she'd get one for me (No participating Targets near me). I later found it online and told her she didn't have to worry about it.

I guess that wasn't the best decision.

oh well, good things come to those who wait, maybe when they finally ship it, they also send me a big screen tv by mistake.
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Joerock wrote:
    wolfbear wrote:

Yeah, My Girlfriend lives near one of the Targets that was offering them and she said that she'd get one for me (No participating Targets near me). I later found it online and told her she didn't have to worry about it.

I guess that wasn't the best decision.

oh well, good things come to those who wait, maybe when they finally ship it, they also send me a big screen tv by mistake.
    :lol: Good luck with that!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Got mine the day the album came out. An XL. Got home and it was like spandex on me. Ended up giving it to my wife. She wears it quite often. I wish they would make XL's like real XL's. It's a really nice shirt.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i have a new, unworn large i will sell for $28 shipped. Tags still on. I normally wear large but for this sihrt...its an XL. will ship this week :D
    i have a new, unworn large i will sell for $28 shipped. Tags still on. I normally wear large but for this sihrt...its an XL. will ship this week :D

That's alright man, thanks a lot for the offer though. I've got two in my order, I've got one for me and I'm gonna ship the other to a friend in England. Thank you though!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    These shirts are available on Amazon if this helps anyone.

http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Jam-Limited ... 209&sr=8-1

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    got the same email

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117223
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391

No. They are not. I ordered mine from Amazon on release day and I'm still waiting for one. I don't know why they keep putting them online if they can't fill the orders. Since Target and Amazon have an exclusive deal, I too have received the same email on delays.
    TrAvELAr wrote:

No. They are not. I ordered mine from Amazon on release day and I'm still waiting for one. I don't know why they keep putting them online if they can't fill the orders. Since Target and Amazon have an exclusive deal, I too have received the same email on delays.

Oh. Sorry about that. I was just looking and came across it. My bad.

• still waiting on mine, but didn't get that most recent email. the last i received said mid-november too. i'm sure i'll have to wait until december 24 as well. no biggie. i didn't bother checking my local target b/c i know the many, many crazed fans in my area, knew they'd be gone, and i wasn't getting up to get to a target at 8 am on a sunday. :lol: so you bet, i was happy to see em online, and with an order over $50, free shipping, so the same as buying in the store. i bought one in each size, see what's what. i want 1 for hubby, maybe 1 for me. i'm usually not much a rock T type, but i like it. i saw a woman wearing one at the philly preparty, very pleased with how it looks, and she said it is so soft/comfy. win/win. look forward to them eventually getting here.... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I got the same email...but I'm in no hurry, so December is fine with me. It is interesting that it is taking over 3 months to get these out.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Joerock wrote:
    *NOT BITCHING*

Remember when the album came out, and the limited edition Backspacer T-shirt was at Target?

I ordered mine from Target Online. a few days later they emailed me saying that they couldn't get it to me until mid-November. This was a bummer, but not the end of the world.

Today I just got an email telling me they couldn't ship till December 24. Still, not the end of the world. but really Target?

Has anyone else who ordered from Target received such an email?

-Joe

my guess is that they're probably doing what i believe the ten club does for these mass orderings, like 10C Backspacer: ships a million pieces to several regional locations at once via DHL to save on shipping. then those pieces get broken down by local area and sent via USPS to the individual residences. so being that the ship date is 12/24 they're waiting for all the christmas orders to come in and then gonna do one gigantic shipment. although target is a huge company that makes the most economic sense.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • well, i just received an email from target saying my backspacer Ts have shipped! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow