Just Breathe???

mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Its a good song, but I'm disappointed its the 2nd single. It was pretty obvious it would be next. I just don't think many people will give that one a chance on the radio. Got Some would get good radio play on the rock stations. Instead they'll just keep playing The Fixer and briefly JB. I guess its what PJ wants, but I think about it from a business stand point sometimes. Plus I listen to the radio at work, so I'd like to hear GS mixed in.

I like JB, but I usually only listen to it when I'm stoned. It and AMtW are the only ones I will usually skip. I heard it on the radio today. It won't be played very many times, and thats ok. I guess because I like PJ, I root for them, lol, and want to hear the new stuff. I am grateful its a very PJ lovin station. May be thats just the PNW... whatever it is I enjoy it. And love all this f-ing rain, too!
Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Who cares what other people think?
    Enjoy the song for what it is!

I love JB, and if it doesn't do well on the radio (which I doubt it will even get played much) I certainly don't care.
  • Ick
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    mca47 wrote:

I love JB, and if it doesn't do well on the radio (which I doubt it will even get played much) I certainly don't care.

I expect this kind of response. I was resonpding to hearing it on the radio. Just sounds like the wrong choice to me, and just like I said: I listen to radio, so I'd like to hear another song off the album. Sometimes you gotta read the whole post.
  • the chicks dig it, so its a good single imo.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I heard it's a double A-side with "Got Some".
    MrSmith wrote:
    the chicks dig it, so its a good single imo.

I understand that point of view, and may be it is better for the more adult contemporary stations and lighter rock stations. But for the very oft PJ playing stations, like the one I listen too, it doesn't fit in. It is good when chicks dig it, but often those songs are here today and gone tomorrow.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    mr.pink wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

I understand that point of view, and may be it is better for the more adult contemporary stations and lighter rock stations. But for the very oft PJ playing stations, like the one I listen too, it doesn't fit in. It is good when chicks dig it, but often those songs are here today and gone tomorrow.

It's got heavy play on KROQ where I live. That is a very traditional rock station.

Seems to be doing pretty well.

I think we are all clouded by what we like and don't like. I love Just Breathe and was happy it was released as the 2nd single.

Perhaps it won't do quite as well as I would hope, but I would guess somewhere in between what you and I would imagine.
    Wilds wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

It's got heavy play on KROQ where I live. That is a very traditional rock station.

Seems to be doing pretty well.

I think we are all clouded by what we like and don't like. I love Just Breathe and was happy it was released as the 2nd single.

Perhaps it won't do quite as well as I would hope, but I would guess somewhere in between what you and I would imagine.

Perhaps. There are two stations in Eugene that play PJ often, 97.9 "alternative rock and 90s alternative" which PJ is an obvious favorite on, and the other one I can't think of the number for that plays a little harder rock. JB is just too slow and mellow of a break to my ears. A little softer rock station, sure I can see that.
  • Are people really that lazy nowadays that they can't type out entire words?
    Are people really that lazy nowadays that they can't type out entire words?

Does "can not" count? :lol::lol::lol:

It's not a formal letter, it's an internet message board. Do you type out every word when texting? :|
  • Wilds wrote:
    Do you type out every word when texting? :|

When I text?

Yes

Can't is a contraction, not an acronym. Big difference.
    Wilds wrote:

When I text?

Yes

I realize that.

My point was more to how ridiculous it would be to hold people to any standard when typing on a message board.

Of course people are going to abbreviate whenever possible. They are not writing a term paper.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    mr.pink wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I expect this kind of response. I was resonpding to hearing it on the radio. Just sounds like the wrong choice to me, and just like I said: I listen to radio, so I'd like to hear another song off the album. Sometimes you gotta read the whole post.

Yeah, I read the whole post I just don't see what the big deal is.

The first time I heard it on the radio was in LA. I was flipping through stations in my rental car and it started up on an alt-rock station. I was like "hell yeah!". The next time I was in LA, same station, I heard it again. The DJ comes on afterwards and says "That is PJ's latest single 'Just Breathe', the most requested song in the last week and one of the best songs I've heard in a long time."

I still don't think it has "radio appeal" but I also feel that it is such a right turn from all the crap out there now and is why it IS doing well, and can continue to do well.

Rock stations are complete shit anymore. Just Breathe is truly a breath of fresh air IMO.

Either way, I still don't give a shit if it does well or not! The song is damn awesome!!
  • Wilds wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

When I text?

Yes

I realize that.

My point was more to how ridiculous it would be to hold people to any standard when typing on a message board.

Of course people are going to abbreviate whenever possible. They are not writing a term paper.

Yet they compose a considerably large post but decide that "Just Breathe", "Got some" and "Amongst The Waves" need to be abbreviated. Like pushing a few extra keys is out of the question. I'm not holding anyone to a "standard". Just an observation is all.

Yet they compose a considerably large post but decide that "Just Breathe", "Got some" and "Amongst The Waves" need to be abbreviated. Like pushing a few extra keys is out of the question. I'm not holding anyone to a "standard". Just an observation is all.

wrd ;)