Ames Crushes Posters

acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Dropped $70 on the Artist Print for Seattle and it arrives today, 193/200 -- and one whole edge is crushed.

As they packed the tube to keep the poster from sliding, they wadded paper in and completely crushed one whole edge of the poster. It's actually just the wrapping/rolled paper to protect the print, one end folded in and wadded up ... along with the poster, about 1/2 an inch worth! Doesn't look like it happened in transit, looks like it was packed that way -- little too much enthusiasm in wadding up one end.

F'n A. Sea Captain/Typewriter is one I dig, finally ... and then this. Sigh.
[sic] happens
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Email them and tell them whats up. Ames is great about taking care of their customers! They always keep back a few A/Ps just in case. Who knows you may end up with a lower number.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Yeah, you should really play "big boy" and try to solve your problem yourself before posting this kind of crap... :o

AMES CRUSHES POSTERS

Yeah, that's their standard...whatever :roll:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    I thought this post was about a good form of crushing. Like as in crushing posters as compared to Tom Tomorrow. I would agree that Ames crushes a damn good poster. :P
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    acutejam wrote:
    Dropped $70 on the Artist Print for Seattle and it arrives today, 193/200 -- and one whole edge is crushed.

As they packed the tube to keep the poster from sliding, they wadded paper in and completely crushed one whole edge of the poster. It's actually just the wrapping/rolled paper to protect the print, one end folded in and wadded up ... along with the poster, about 1/2 an inch worth! Doesn't look like it happened in transit, looks like it was packed that way -- little too much enthusiasm in wadding up one end.

F'n A. Sea Captain/Typewriter is one I dig, finally ... and then this. Sigh.

Call and let them know...they'll hook you up...no worries dude...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Yeah, you should really play "big boy" and try to solve your problem yourself before posting this kind of crap... :o

AMES CRUSHES POSTERS

Yeah, that's their standard...whatever :roll:
    Doesn't sound like 'crap' if that is what he/she received.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i got a pretty dinged up Klausen today, from Klausen. And, t was sent that way. Was not a shipping issue. I know this because the craft paper was fine as was the tube. totally obamaleague :)
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    he's got a right to bitch. but, yes, email them and see what they say re: poor packing.