Eddie's singing has never sounded as emotive as it does now.

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Don't want to debate it. Just want to state it. It's a beautiful thing. He makes the oldest songs sound fresh with raw emotion, whether it's a Who classic or a classic from Ten... he breathes new life into them. Good man, that Vedder guy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    But what inspired me to write this was actually his singing on Backspacer. :mrgreen:
  • You won't get a lot of debate on that around here..I just saw Eddie at the four Philadelphia shows ( my 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th shows), and his voice as well as the entire band are at the top of their game ... the songs on Backspacer are not all that easy to sing and he does reach a new level that even for him I think is amazing.
    He nailed so many songs in those four shows, from brutal vocal challenges like BLOOD and EVACUATION, but could still hit the right groove on JUST BREATHE and THE END too!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I agree. For the most part, his live singing in the 90s sounds pretty bad compared to now. He seems to have found his real groove, to me at least, from '05 onwards.
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    edited November 2009
    Enough to make you puke?? :crazy:
    Post edited by Thierry Henry on
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Weird. PJ is emo now?
  • For the most part, his live singing in the 90s sounds pretty bad compared to now.quote]

:shock:
  • Singing the best he ever has. I think he has put a lot of study into it . . . .and breathing exercises.