LA 3 Should be a DVD

JM188713JM188713 Posts: 31
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Just listened to the show and it sounded amazing. Chris Cornell on Hunger Strike was rad and Jerry Cantrell on Alive was the icing on the cake. But, maybe Philly 4 should be released on DVD just because of Bugs (who doesn't love that song?)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JM188713 wrote:
    Just listened to the show and it sounded amazing. Chris Cornell on Hunger Strike was rad and Jerry Cantrell on Alive was the icing on the cake. But, maybe Philly 4 should be released on DVD just because of Bugs (who doesn't love that song?)

On 10/31, some doors to the Spectrum had fliers taped to them that read something about " by entering this building tonight you consent to being filmed" . . . so I'm guessing a DVD of the Haloween show.
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • JM188713 wrote:

On 10/31, some doors to the Spectrum had fliers taped to them that read something about " by entering this building tonight you consent to being filmed" . . . so I'm guessing a DVD of the Haloween show.

didn't even see those :oops: ....was always thinking a DVD would happen....reading this makes it seem that much more likely. yay!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• i saw that flyer on 10/30 as well though so i'm assuming all 4 nights were filmed? or was i just seeing things...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    JM188713 wrote:

a number (maybe all?) of shows last tour had the same- but no DVD
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'd be so down with this but i saw no cameras (except for one off stage) and no disclaimer saying the show was being filmed :(

still gives me goosebumps though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo5miR0dJY
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    i wouldn't read too much into the disclaimer flyers, I saw them at msg last year, I think Chicago this year and some other shows in between

I think Philly will get a dvd though
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 133
    Give me LA 4 any day. Hunger Strike was fun but LA 4 was 10x better overall.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    It's a special kind of frustration knowing that show took place right up the 405 and I couldn't go because I had some other things going on..or I couldn't get tickets I don't remember.

but yeah, DVD would be great..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • norm wrote:
    i'd be so down with this but i saw no cameras (except for one off stage) and no disclaimer saying the show was being filmed :(

still gives me goosebumps though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo5miR0dJY

The first entrance to the Gibson (just past the box office) has a sign that says (to the effect of): By entering, you consent that Universal Studios can record your image and use it throughout the universe in perpetuity, etc. I think that's a blanket enough disclaimer for the PJ show in the Amphitheatre. :)

(Mostly off-topic: Maybe next tour, PJ can hire/rent an old, standard-def TV van with a video switching board, four wirelessly transmitting TV cameras, a director, and a technical director. They chop it live like live TV during the show [Take camera one, take camera four, etc.], and sell show DVDs when the CD boots are available. :geek:)
    Ryan DeRamos
    saw PJ live in 2006 and 2009; Stone in 2008!
    <a href="http://www.deramos.org">DeRamos.org Webcomic</a> & <a href="http://www.chorddujour.com">Chord du Jour Podcast</a> & <a href="http://twitter.com/deramos">Twitter</a&gt;
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    i wouldn't read too much into the disclaimer flyers, I saw them at msg last year, I think Chicago this year and some other shows in between

I think Philly will get a dvd though

I may not be the smartest man in the world, but a four disk set from the Philly Phoursome shows would be a goldmine. Fuck, just add a special sticker in the limited edition set and I'd probably drop 120 bucks on it......but hear my warning TenClub. If you dont produce this in time for Christmas, it will NEVER SELL...... :roll: :roll: :thumbup: :clap: :wtf: :wtf:
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • JM55546 wrote:
    Give me LA 4 any day. Hunger Strike was fun but LA 4 was 10x better overall.

EASILY....
  • Hey I would agree about a DVD! That was my first show!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.