Options

Oh my god.Amongst The Waves, used in Peter Andre Documentary

JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
edited November 2009 in The Porch
So..... I'm upstairs ordering the 02 and Manchester Bootlegs.

All of a sudden, from downstairs I can hear what I think is the opening bars to Amongst the Waves.
Knowing that my girlfriend is watching this weeks episode of the awful ITV doucmentary, What Peter Did Next (Fly on wall reality show about Peter Andre!!!!!!), I think to myself "nope I must be mistaken"............

30 seconds later I hear Eds vocals kick in and the chorus start....... Just as I though it is Amongst The Waves.
So i shout downstairs, "please tell me thats not Pearl Jam being played on the Peter Andre thing?"..... My girlfriend starts laughing and shouts back "Yes".....

I assume he's listing to it but apparently not.
Its being played to show that he's back at the top of his game!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Jimmyjamh wrote:
    So..... I'm upstairs ordering the 02 and Manchester Bootlegs.

All of a sudden, from downstairs I can hear what I think is the opening bars to Amongst the Waves.
    Knowing that my girlfriend is watching this weeks episode of the awful ITV doucmentary, What Peter Did Next (Fly on wall reality show about Peter Andre!!!!!!), I think to myself "nope I must be mistaken"............

30 seconds later I hear Eds vocals kick in and the chorus start....... Just as I though it is Amongst The Waves.
    So i shout downstairs, "please tell me thats not Pearl Jam being played on the Peter Andre thing?"..... My girlfriend starts laughing and shouts back "Yes".....

I assume he's listing to it but apparently not.
    Its being played to show that he's back at the top of his game!

Firstly - why the HELL does Peter Andre need a doco made about him? What did he do? Sing badly?

As for them playing Amongst the Waves = blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(glad they don't play that shit on tv here!) :lol:
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    ha. peter andre is such a chump.

but that reminds me of a vaguely related story.

my friend used to have this opinion that people who watch friends and like with or without you are sentimental fools because they equate the song to that episode where ross dedicates it to rachel.

his faaaaavourite song is yellow ledbetter. imagine how hard i laughed when that song featured in the series finale in a poignant ross and rachel moment.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

my friend used to have this opinion that people who watch friends and like with or without you are sentimental fools because they equate the song to that episode where ross dedicates it to rachel.

his faaaaavourite song is yellow ledbetter. imagine how hard i laughed when that song featured in the series finale in a poignant ross and rachel moment.

Yellow Ledbetter and Friends... what an oxymoron... :lol:

• Options
    :lol: thank you so much for sharing this amazing story!
    doompony wrote:

But... it's also the song that was playing while Ross was cheating on Rachel... *is a nerd*
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • Options
    Maayan.H wrote:
    But... it's also the song that was playing while Ross was cheating on Rachel... *is a nerd*

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    with or without you or ledbetter?

with or without you is played on the radio when he makes a list of pros and cons of being with her over julie.

*is a bigger nerd*
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

with or without you is played on the radio when he makes a list of pros and cons of being with her over julie.

*is a bigger nerd*

PMSL

• Options
    doompony wrote:

*is a bigger nerd*
    No, no, when he's hooking up with that photocopy girl that Chandler and Joey were trying to hit on, they slow dance to "with or without you" *wins nerd off*
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • Options
    They were on a break! :geek:
  • Options
    Maayan.H wrote:
    doompony wrote:

*is a bigger nerd*
    No, no, when he's hooking up with that photocopy girl that Chandler and Joey were trying to hit on, they slow dance to "with or without you" *wins nerd off*

is it used both times?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Maayan.H wrote:
    :lol: thank you so much for sharing this amazing story!
    doompony wrote:

best. avatar. ever.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Its a tragedy that two great songs have been used in this way!