Hawaii Mini-Tour?

Lost Poi DogLost Poi Dog Posts: 37
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Other posts have been addressing a long rumored Hawaii show - most likely at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu (like in '06) on Dec. 5th or 16th. Someone else mentioned a possible date on Maui as well (if it happens, I suppose it would be at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center like in '98). I say, how's about Honolulu, Maui and...the BIG ISLAND at this place:

http://www.waikoloanights.com/

I haven't seen a concert in this venue, but I've heard the sound is fantastic! It also looks laid back like the MACC on Maui or the Waikiki Shell (perhaps they could scrap the Blaisdell and play all three of these outdoor venues, MACC, Shell and Waikoloa). Neil Young also has a home just a few miles away from the Waikoloa venue. Throw in the band's love of the islands and the possibilities are endless!

Of course, none of this will probably happen (heck, we might not even get a Hawaii show at all as hoped for), but a boy can dream. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i saw hot tuna out there, i think, is that place Hale Aloha at the Mauna Lani?
    awesome place, i'm in... ps, do you live here on the big island? i live in holualoa
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    looks nice but this I want to take my daughter so I am hoping Blaisdell Arena. If it's GA then she would have to stay home getting up near the stage would be rough on her she 4. They could play where Tool played Blaisdell symphony hall that had great acoustics :D Maui would be cool :D

Dude I got a welcome back at pipes little yesterday caught 5.5ft wave going down the face then bottom just dropped out low tide all I saw was the reef I balled out
    slammed on the reef I was lucky it was my ass but shit my whole body shook, came up one dude was like you ok I was like I think so :D But was back out there today :lol:
  • timc wrote:

Dude I got a welcome back at pipes little yesterday caught 5.5ft wave going down the face then bottom just dropped out low tide all I saw was the reef I balled out
    slammed on the reef I was lucky it was my ass but shit my whole body shook, came up one dude was like you ok I was like I think so :D But was back out there today :lol:

whoa bra, haole tryin to surf?
    leadbedr10 wrote:
    timc wrote:

whoa bra, haole tryin to surf?
    tryin :D whos tryin I bodyboard
    Lost poi dog was going to PM you but you have it turned off, If you want a shirt from the Philly shows let me know I have some extra ones two different styles all XL just shoot me a PM I will be more specific! They will be at cost :D