Options

Insomnia

dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
edited November 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Up since 2 am....ugh! Too much stress to begin with and now sleeplessness to boot.
It's nice to be nice to the nice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Red wine.. It always works for me. I haven't had a sleepless night in years... A few glasses right before bed, I figure my kidney an take the weight.
  • Options
    Switching to organic food cured my insomnia! From my late teens to about 30ish, I suffered horribly with insomnia. My quality of life was miserable hell.

And it all turned out to be the poisons in my food and drinks. It's been over 5 years since I regained the ability to sleep. Wow, what an insane luxury! In the past, I would marvel at people who could fall asleep sitting in a chair... such a simple thing. But I could not relate. Now I drift off to sleep most nights as I'm sitting in my comfy armchair. I wake up after several minutes and think, "Oops. Time to go to bed."

Life is much easier than the drug companies/doctors/mass media want us to know.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Cut out caffeine, lavender on your pillow, nice warm bath before bed, look into herbal remedies containing valeria and hops. Take a magnessium suplement. If you wake in the night don't just lie there and worry about it, put the light on/go downstairs and read for a bit. Try and go to bed roughly the same time every night and get up at the same time. Don't nap during the day even if completely knackered.

Been there and it's crap. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    My mum and my aunty (mums sister) suffer from it.
    Hope I don't get it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,689
    Ridiculous...
    Went to bed at 12:45. 
    Wide awake at 2:00 AM
    Drifted off at 2:45
    Cat wakes me up at 3:00 AM
    Still awake at 4:40 AM.

Well, that shoots this day.  :anguished: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Have you tried smoking Cannabis when you have nights like that?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Reason #2,869 why dogs are better than cats
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,689
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Yes, but it ramps up my thinking and I stay up even later.  Plus I stopped smoking weed shortly after COVID hit.
    Poncier said:
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Reason #2,869 why dogs are better than cats
    LOL.
    Actually, Annie doesn't do that very often.  She's great cat.  As much as dogs are great and I understand why people love them (oh how I cried when the two I've had in the past died- it was terrible), they are no longer a good match for me.  Because I have hyperacusis, a sudden loud noises like barking is very painful and can even leave me stunned for a few moments.  The pain of a dog suddenly barking has been so great, so many times, that I've become conditioned to being fearful and anxious of dogs (I know, sucks).
    That's also why I am unable to sleep tonight.  A dog somewhere in the neighborhood has been barking for 2 1/2 hours non-stop (how the hell do they do that?)  This is the first night in a week that it has been cool enough to open the windows at night... but I can't because the barking is driving my anxiety up a very tall wall.  I'm a total wreck this evening.  Sure hope tomorrow is better.
    Anxiety is worse than insomnia.  I almost died a few times because of it.  I will not let that happen again, but sometimes the hanging on is pure hell and torture.  It requires total commitment to not falling into the abyss.  There is nothing I have experienced that is worse- no kind of pain, no migraine, no vertigo, no broken bones, no concussion, no heartache has been more difficult to bear.  Anxiety is the worst.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    We can't leave our bedroom door open for the cats.  One is fine but we have a bengal that comes in around that 3-330am mark and screams his head off.  No idea what his fucking problem is.  He expects us to get up and entertain him or something.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    We can't leave our bedroom door open for the cats.  One is fine but we have a bengal that comes in around that 3-330am mark and screams his head off.  No idea what his fucking problem is.  He expects us to get up and entertain him or something.
    I sure wouldn't want to have to wake up at 3 AM to entertain this mofo after he walked into my bedroom

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Indica tincture works for me. No smoking, I sleep like a baby, and I am totally relaxed.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I sure wouldn't want to have to wake up at 3 AM to entertain this mofo after he walked into my bedroom

lol....he's a Bear now

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Poncier said:

lol....he's a Bear now
    Probably louder when he screams at night.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

Indica tincture works for me. No smoking, I sleep like a baby, and I am totally relaxed.
    I smoke some indica before bed…fall a sleep quite quickly.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to his wife waking me up at 3, or anytime for that matter…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Get_Right said:
    brianlux said:
    Ridiculous...

I smoke some indica before bed…fall a sleep quite quickly.
    ....delete

• Options
    dasvidana said:
    Up since 2 am....ugh! Too much stress to begin with and now sleeplessness to boot.
    have you tried melatonin?