The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    Phew!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Former Yankee prospect Pat Venditte the switch pitcher is being called up by Oakland

Finally got to see him pitch in the majors. Don't know why the yankees didn't give him a shot
    He has been in the minors for 7 years and would have had to take up a 40 man roster spot. I am happy as anyone to see him in the big leagues but not realistic that it ever would have happened with the yanks.

They need to sign Soriano tomorrow
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Former Yankee prospect Pat Venditte the switch pitcher is being called up by Oakland

Finally got to see him pitch in the majors. Don't know why the yankees didn't give him a shot
    I had forgotten about him. I think I read his era was 2.87 over his career in the minors. How does it take someone that long to get to the show with those numbers?
    Knowing Girardi. He'll probably have him pitch to 1 batter then take him out
    Girardi is in general a phenomenal bullpen manager
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    9 hits to 3000
    I miss igotid88
    Guess Esmil Rogers will be the next be dfa'd
    I miss igotid88
    First earned run given up by Betances in almost 30 ip
    I miss igotid88
    Stephen Drew is hitting .173 but has 7hr and 18 RBI. There are guys who hit .250 for the whole year and won't produce that much. At least he's making the most out of his hits
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    igotid88 said:

Stephen Drew is hitting .173 but has 7hr and 18 RBI. There are guys who hit .250 for the whole year and won't produce that much. At least he's making the most out of his hits

i dont understand how he still has a job. he's probably making good money, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

They signed him to a one year deal for 5 million this offseason. I don't get it either. I'm not sure but I think four of those homers came in two games.

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

They signed him to a one year deal for 5 million this offseason. I don't get it either. I'm not sure but I think four of those homers came in two games.
    he's on pace to play 147 games....if so, $34K per game. :grimacing:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

they don't think any of their middle infielders are ready or at least good enough defensively to come up
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

they don't think any of their middle infielders are ready or at least good enough defensively to come up
    Refsynder would be equal or better with the bat but his defense is still a struggle. And as soon as drew gets on his last leg, refsnyder goes into a slump
    edited June 2015
    Man C.C. is pissed. I think i heard the F word
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Man C.C. is pissed. I think i heard the F word

Yeah. I think he bumped the ump too. Definitely a suspension for contact.

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

Refsynder would be equal or better with the bat but his defense is still a struggle. And as soon as drew gets on his last leg, refsnyder goes into a slump
    marco scutaro may be available.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Well ain't that just a solid win? 6 straight against what was supposed to be the best in the west. I'll take it.

Listened to the game while I did work outside. Not a shabby Sunday
    Yankees pick James Kaprielian for the 16th pick
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Yankees pick James Kaprielian for the 16th pick

Sounds like a decent pick. Big college kid that should move quickly through the system. Doesn't have ace stuff but should be a big league starter workhorse.

Not sure about the 2nd pick. Will stick at short but all glove at this point, not cito culver but still sounds to be a light hitting short stop
    Next run wins the game

Love this match up tonight

Next run wins the game

Tex needs to score there.

Next run wins the game

Yeah what the fuck

Next run wins the game

Yeah what the fuck
    Wasn't even on the bag. What's the fucking point of standing two feet off the bag hoping it drops?

Next run wins the game

Yeah what the fuck
    Wasn't even on the bag. What's the fucking point of standing two feet off the bag hoping it drops?
    No clue. Lost his head

As did Harper? Wtf...thanks, kid
    Thanks Bryce! What a dope trying to bunt with two strikes in a tie game off a pitcher he took deep already

Thanks Bryce! What a dope trying to bunt with two strikes in a tie game off a pitcher he took deep already

As the best player in the game this year at that.

Found a hole there dammit

Got out of it. Tanaka looks strong.

Got out of it. Tanaka looks strong.
    Yeah, dude. He looks great. Best we have seen him since before the dl last year
    Take a base here
    It ain't fucking pretty but I will take it