EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    AND FIRST PITCH SWINGING. this team takes too many first pitches that are right down the pipe.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    edited October 2012
    rival. wrote:
    i've always supported arod and defended him as a yankee, and i was fucking ecstatic when he got that piano off his back in '09, but that mystic is wearing off. quickly.

dude is a liability right now. chavez at 3rd, and raul DH'ing is a no brainer. can't wait to see when the lineup gets announced tomorrow afternoon.

I'm telling you. He's gonna be in it and he's probably going to be at the top. They are not going with a lefty heavy lineup against a lefty. Just not happening.

Dude is just lost right now. It happens from time to time. For the Yankees sake we have to hope it is just a timing issue and not a slower bat.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    AROD ID PLAYING..PERIOD
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    imalive wrote:
    5 more years.....

It won't last that long. Yankess will move him at some point if it means paying his whole salary. For this team to move forward you can't have him and his ego tying the lineup up anymore.
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    5 more years.....

It won't last that long. Yankess will move him at some point if it means paying his whole salary. For this team to move forward you can't have him and his ego tying the lineup up anymore.

Say what you want about the guy, but he has been nothing but a team player for the past few years, mentoring the young guys and all. Clearly aging, but he seems to be a lot better teammate than he was the first few years. The ego stuff isn't really fair at this point.
    gotta get 2 bed....sweet dreams

BIG game in 19 hours :fp:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    rival. wrote:
    AND FIRST PITCH SWINGING. this team takes too many first pitches that are right down the pipe.
    Exactly.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    rival. wrote:
    i've always supported arod and defended him as a yankee, and i was fucking ecstatic when he got that piano off his back in '09, but that mystic is wearing off. quickly.

dude is a liability right now. chavez at 3rd, and raul DH'ing is a no brainer. can't wait to see when the lineup gets announced tomorrow afternoon.

You still can't take him out of the lineup. I would remove Granderson before A-Rod
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    5 more years.....

Say what you want about the guy, but he has been nothing but a team player for the past few years, mentoring the young guys and all. Clearly aging, but he seems to be a lot better teammate than he was the first few years. The ego stuff isn't really fair at this point.

I'm not so sure about the ego thing. Every player with the exception of Jeter has been all around that lineup this year and ARod has always been 3-5. He hasn't hit a HR in 71 at bats coming into tonight game and he's batting .27x. Not the greatest 3rd hitter in my opinion...and to have to pinch hit for your third place hitting DH in the 9th inning? :fp: I hope he's 7 or 8 tomorrow...and this isn't becasue I don't like him...I just can't stand to see him come to bat right now and I want that minimized. :lol:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    261974_10151108465987781_1889906359_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    igotid88 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

You still can't take him out of the lineup. I would remove Granderson before A-Rod

i'd hate to take arod's glove out of the field, but at this point, what can you do? HOPE he draws a walk? just keep throwing him an inside breaking ball, he will continue to swing. maybe he should drop his knee in front of one?

granderson is lost too and great comparison earlier to soriano in the 2003 playoffs. you hate to give up outs and at the end of the day, there are eight other guys in the lineup that need to produce. it's not always fair to single one guy out.

arod will be at 3rd and raul will DH. hope hughes is ready to bring it!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    rival. wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

i'd hate to take arod's glove out of the field, but at this point, what can you do? HOPE he draws a walk? just keep throwing him an inside breaking ball, he will continue to swing. maybe he should drop his knee in front of one?

granderson is lost too and great comparison earlier to soriano in the 2003 playoffs. you hate to give up outs and at the end of the day, there are eight other guys in the lineup that need to produce. it's not always fair to single one guy out.

arod will be at 3rd and raul will DH. hope hughes is ready to bring it!

I just think he might be swinging a tick too late. Maybe his bat is slow. He's just missing. Granderson is just swinging at pitches way off the plate. And Chavez was 0-4 with 2ks

Hopefully the Yankees advance. And A-Rod will prove himself again. When he struggled in the division rounds in the past the Yankees never advanced. So he never got another series to be a better hitter.
    I miss igotid88
    Big weight on Hughes shoulders to just end this. Finish it.
    Did last night actually happen or was I dreaming?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Raul earned a DH Spot tonight
    Arod play's third tonight

Let's go Phil!!!!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    525016_10151108879257781_846246035_n.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    525016_10151108879257781_846246035_n.jpg
    He joins the ranks of Dent, Lehritz, and Boone.
    “Watching the game and being a part of this great team with all these great players, Hall of Fame players, the thing that really sticks out to me from spring training is how mentally tough these guys are and what great teammates they are,” Ibanez said. “You know, I’ll go one step beyond that and say that they’re great people, too. Being in that situation and being a part of something like this, this great team, and obviously all the legends that have come before you here is an extraordinary feeling, and it’s a great blessing. And then to be a part of something like that is definitely a special moment.”
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    “Watching the game and being a part of this great team with all these great players, Hall of Fame players, the thing that really sticks out to me from spring training is how mentally tough these guys are and what great teammates they are,” Ibanez said. “You know, I’ll go one step beyond that and say that they’re great people, too. Being in that situation and being a part of something like this, this great team, and obviously all the legends that have come before you here is an extraordinary feeling, and it’s a great blessing. And then to be a part of something like that is definitely a special moment.”
    :clap::clap: :thumbup: Raul, you've earned yourself a special spot in Yankees history. You deserve it.
  • Think Girardi and Ibanez had this conversation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcVPVXG
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Raul earned a DH Spot tonight

Not if Jeter needs to DH.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I doubt Raul will be starting with a lefty going, but I bet he will get an at bat or two. If anyone on this team needs to take a seat for a night especially with a lefty, it's Granderson. They just don't have a lot of great outfield options.

Raul just punched his ticket to old timers day

Edit: I wonder if Nix will start in left with Ichiro in center.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    imalive wrote:
    there are closers and there are postseason closers. j. johnson is not a postseason closer

see: j. valverde

fuck you fuckers ;)

did I have valverde pegged, or what? :mrgreen:

bum.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    looks like nunez dh'ing

hard to believe at first but when u think about it...its the right move witht the lefty

that being said raul will get at least 1 at bat i would think
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I doubt Raul will be starting with a lefty going, but I bet he will get an at bat or two. If anyone on this team needs to take a seat for a night especially with a lefty, it's Granderson. They just don't have a lot of great outfield options.

Raul just punched his ticket to old timers day

Edit: I wonder if Nix will start in left with Ichiro in center.

i don't think that happens just yet

grandy has the pop in his bat and has hit lefties this year

granted he is coming nowhere near the ball right now .....but i don't think that move happens
    looks like nunez dh'ing

hard to believe at first but when u think about it...its the right move witht the lefty

that being said raul will get at least 1 at bat i would think

Agreed. The only other thing I would do is consider the Nix/Granderson switch I mentioned. Nix almost got into one last night and I don't think Granderson even made contact and fouled a ball off.