Can I DONATE the 10c tickets Im not using?

LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Ok so I booked tickets for Adelaide and now I can't go.
I can't get a refund or a transfer to another city. I'm over worrying about that.

So as it stands there will be 2 tickets with my name on it in Adelaide. This is a waste.

10c are very busy so email replies are not forthcoming. Hence posting here....

I'd like to DONATE these 2 fan club tickets to someone - 10c, can I do this?
The money can go to charity or it can be a freebie to the buyer - whatever!

Surely they can let me do this?? :shock: :?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• From what I've read here, you'd need to pick them up yourself at the 10c window with ID and then sell them at face value (or less) to someone who wants them. You'd easily find a buyer at he 10c funtions or out front of the venue.

Personally, if you'd gone to the trouble to do this, the very least I'd do is give you a gift or buy you a meal/drink etc, but that would come down to the goodwill of the person taking your tickets, you can't ask over face value or transfer them.
  • boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    edited November 2009
    There was a guy at the Chicago show who auctioned of one of his tickets for I believe 500$. He did however pick the tickets up himself I believe.Since you can not pick them up yourself maybe you get a hold of whoever may be organizing a pre-party for your concert they might be able to help arrange a pickup and auction with 10c on this message board. Not sure if this would work or not but it is worth a shot if 10c is not responding to your inquiries.
    Post edited by boxorbag on
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    If i could get to the ticket window, I'd be going to the show 8-)
    I'm in NSW, cant get to Adelaide as I had originally planned.

There would certainly be a way to do it (I nominate someone, tell 10c, and that person shows their ID).. seems there is no will to actually make it happen :(
  • boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I edited my above post to better explain what I was trying to say.
  • It's a shame you can't go. It also sucks that you can't get someone else to pick them up for you. I have a mate who has been a fan for a long time but has only just joined the TENclub so he missed out on TENclub tickets. He's pretty devo too because he bought his tickets and they are seated tickets because he didn't know that it's mainly GA.
    I think the idea of you giving the money to charity is a really nice thought.
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I'll send them a link to this thread. Worth a try......... :?
  • If I could pick them up, I'd probably try to fly there to see just one more show in 2009, but I doubt this will be possible.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    LongRoad wrote:
    Ok so I booked tickets for Adelaide and now I can't go.
    I can't get a refund or a transfer to another city. I'm over worrying about that.

So as it stands there will be 2 tickets with my name on it in Adelaide. This is a waste.

10c are very busy so email replies are not forthcoming. Hence posting here....

I'd like to DONATE these 2 fan club tickets to someone - 10c, can I do this?
    The money can go to charity or it can be a freebie to the buyer - whatever!

Surely they can let me do this?? :shock: :?:

with your permission, 10C will randomly select another concertgoer and upgrade his/her tickets with your spare tickets. that's essentially your only option if you can't pick up your tickets, and if you don't touch base with 10C then your 10C tickets will be go unused,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore