Be careful and safe at all shows

Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
edited November 2009 in The Porch
After reading a locked thread about someone being aggressive and stealing the wine bottle from a fan on 10/31 I just had to pipe in.

Please be careful and use common sense at these shows. Everyone is digging the band and seem to be your friend but they are not.

In my hometown of Charlottesville, VA a 20 yo female student got separated from her friends at a Metalica concert and has been missing for two weeks now. Although she lived 3 plus hours from the show, she told her friends not to worry, she'll find a way home. And they left without her.

No one wants their momentos from the show taken from them, and it could have been a lot worse. Friends need to stick togeather. If someone is creeping you out, don't hesitate to yell for help.

Don't want to sound like such a downer, I enjoyed those four shows too. I just don't want to read a thread one day about a PJ fan missing after a show.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
ride"!
Unknown

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• "Take care of each other"...as Ed always says
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I was the girl with the wine bottle incident and it is true. You never know who is lurking around you. I never meant to be left alone with this guy, it just somehow happened. I was busy on my cell trying to tell my friend where I was and before I knew it it was only him and I standing in that area. I am kicking myself for not going out with the group of people I was initially with. Safety is numbers. Sad but true.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I was the girl with the wine bottle incident and it is true. You never know who is lurking around you. I never meant to be left alone with this guy, it just somehow happened. I was busy on my cell trying to tell my friend where I was and before I knew it it was only him and I standing in that area. I am kicking myself for not going out with the group of people I was initially with. Safety is numbers. Sad but true.

that's the sad/maddening part...i would hope one can be reasonably safe at a pearl jam concert

i hope you're doing ok
  • thank God u are ok C..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    just be thankful you're ok. Next time ill protect ya mwuah.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• wine bottles do tend to hurt when contacting the head at a high velocity. i'm just saying.
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    the purpose of my thread is that sometimes bad people go to shows by our favorite bands and we should not let our guard down to complete strangers.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if i do not them(as your mother) then they are a stranger to you. little johnny who you go to school with's uncle is a stranger. little johnny's father, mother, sister, brother, cousin is a stranger. the man or woman you see everyday and who says hello to you is a stranger. them holding a puppy does not make them known to you. do not go anywhere with someone you do not know. no one else will ever pick you up other than me, your father or one of your adult sisters. if someone says your mum sent me to collect you, THEY ARE LYING. do not allow yourself to be distracted by shiny things. pay attention to your surroundings, who you are with and where you are. note an escape route and if grabbed pull down and away.

i know this might sound like a whole lot of info to lay on children but i didnt do it all at once. its an accumulative thing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    During the next tour we are going to start a females traveling along to shows group on facebook. Even if we don't stay together, we can still go to and from the shows together. The more of us the less chance we will be taken advantage of. Unless it is welcome :D .
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • I trust NO ONE. Haven't in years and never will.
    edited November 2009
    I trust NO ONE. Haven't in years and never will.

trusting no one is quite extreme. . you just have to judicious with that trust.

i think the worst error in judgement females make is thinking the goodlooking guy is more trustworthy simply cause hes goodlooking.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I trust NO ONE. Haven't in years and never will.

trusting no one is quite extreme. you just have to judicious with that trust.

i think the worst error in judgement females make is thinking the goodlooking guy is more trustworthy simply cause hes goodlooking.

I'm not a female and when I say I trust No One I mean it. I don't even talk to
    people at a show. I'm not there to have conversation, I'm there to hear music.
    I trust NO ONE. Haven't in years and never will.

trusting no one is quite extreme. you just have to judicious with that trust.

I'm not a female and when I say I trust No One I mean it. I don't even talk to
    people at a show. I'm not there to have conversation, I'm there to hear music.

if you trust NO ONE then you never learn who you CAN trust.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • if you trust NO ONE then you never learn who you CAN trust.

Here's the thing. I don't want to trust anyone. All I really need
    to survive is myself. I can always trust myself. Well, most of the time.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    The only people i trust at a pj show is pj :D I would totally take candy from Boom....

and yes, daisy chains at shows are a must. Specially if you are a girl. We are generally smaller and are easier targets... I've done pretty well thus far with the buddy system. Sad that a girl can't go to a concert by herself without worrying about shit .. :evil: