Little Girl w/ Tambourine & Setlist 10/27/09

MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
edited November 2009 in The Porch
My daughter & I were at the Tuesday night PJ show. We were sitting side stage in section 224, a few rows up & Eddie passed along his tambourine & setlist to his bodyguard & he gave it to her. Lucky girl I say! It was her first PJ show ever. When the show was over, so many people came over to take pictures of her & the setlist. If anyone from the fanclub has a picture of her that evening, we would love to see it. You have my permission to post it. I wish I would have brought my camera that night. I would have gotten some really great shots of the band. But it seems like everytime I bring I camera to a show, I wind up with horrible seats. It's so true. Mahalo.
The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was in 224 and saw that. Very cool of Ed to have the roadie/security hand it right to her to make sure she got it. I have lots of pics from that night, but unfortunately I don't have any pics of her with the tambourine though...
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Based on other people's experiences, I guess your daughter was lucky to not get beaten up on the spot and taken the tambourine away from her by some dumb drunken bully... :roll:

Glad to hear of such a nice experience, and good luck with finding some pictures of it! I'm sure they're floating around here...
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    The next morning, I tried to wake her up to get ready for school. I remembered at that moment Eddie saying to the little boy who was in the front row at the Salt Lake show, "Stay in school. Except for tomorrow." I laughed to myself & I decided to let her sleep in & take the day off of school. She slept to like 12 in the afternoon. As I left her room as quietly as I could, I grabbed her tambourine & walked into her brothers room to wake him up for school. I shook the tambourine in his ear & started singing, RITFW. His smile went from ear to ear & with his eyes closed he says to me, "Did Ed give that Mad momma?" I said, "Yep!" He rolled over & stretched out & said to me in the funniest way possible, "You lucky motha beepers! Geez mom, you could of brought me home a pic or something." Good times I tell you.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    The next morning, I tried to wake her up to get ready for school. I remembered at that moment Eddie saying to the little boy who was in the front row at the Salt Lake show, "Stay in school. Except for tomorrow." I laughed to myself & I decided to let her sleep in & take the day off of school. She slept to like 12 in the afternoon. As I left her room as quietly as I could, I grabbed her tambourine & walked into her brothers room to wake him up for school. I shook the tambourine in his ear & started singing, RITFW. His smile went from ear to ear & with his eyes closed he says to me, "Did Ed give that Mad momma?" I said, "Yep!" He rolled over & stretched out & said to me in the funniest way possible, "You lucky motha beepers! Geez mom, you could of brought me home a pic or something." Good times I tell you.
    :lol: Great story!
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    were you the one with the sign saying "Madison's first show" and something about No Way? I saw you guys up there from the floor!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • IMG_0084_1.jpg
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • bump :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    IMG_0084_1.jpg

That is so excellent!!! That's my daughter & my momma. Awesome! Mahalo. I love you guys. Great memories.
    spat wrote:
    were you the one with the sign saying "Madison's first show" and something about No Way? I saw you guys up there from the floor!

That was us. I told Mad that they played "No Way" on Wednesday. She says to me, "Of course they would play it when I'm not there mommy :cry:." At least she was able to hear "Inside Job" on Saturday evening. She was so excited to hear live. It's her second favorite PJ song. She thought the violins sounded amazing & they truly did.