How long will the opening act Ben Harper & Relentles 7 play

southernmanfansouthernmanfan Posts: 1,019
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Does anyone know how long BH & R7 will be on stage? What about Liam Finn?
rustedsigns
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    The first few shows of the American dates it seemed Ben played for about 45 minutes.
  • no idea, but enjoy you lucky fuckers. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    Usually the opening act plays for about 45 minutes. I know at Philly Bad Religion played for around 40. . . much to the disappointment of my girlfriend ;)
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Im thinking its going to be close to 2 hours for the both of them.... not looking forward to it (yes you can slam me all you want on that one, they do nothing for me).

I want to be up front for PJ so will get in there at 4.15pm but its gonna be a killer to wait until probably 9pm for PJ - as I've said before, would have been better to have some quality Aussie bands as support (ones that are more suited to stadiums too). I have to say this has contributed somewhat to only seeing 2 shows this tour.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Wow, and I thought BH was big in Aus/NZ? His new album is quite good, he's mixing up his sets and still works in two or three 7-9 minute epic jams. Covering a few of his older tunes, but mostly just the new album, which again, is really rockin IMHO.

Yep 40-45 mins the two times I saw him .... and I would definitely catch him in a smaller venue if I had the chance. I think you'll be fairly suprised with how good of a vibe he puts out.

Liam is opening some shows?
    [sic] happens
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    LongRoad wrote:
    Im thinking its going to be close to 2 hours for the both of them.... not looking forward to it (yes you can slam me all you want on that one, they do nothing for me).

I want to be up front for PJ so will get in there at 4.15pm but its gonna be a killer to wait until probably 9pm for PJ - as I've said before, would have been better to have some quality Aussie bands as support (ones that are more suited to stadiums too). I have to say this has contributed somewhat to only seeing 2 shows this tour.

I really like BHR7 and Liam, but i have seen some really really not good bands open for PJ many times. I would never let an opening band prevent me from seeing PJ. to me that is just silly.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • 40-45 minutes. i enjoyed their set the first time, i found it ok the second time, got bored by the 4th ti me.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    acutejam wrote:
    Wow, and I thought BH was big in Aus/NZ?

There's lots of big bands... doesn't mean everyone likes them :lol:
    the wolf wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:

I really like BHR7 and Liam, but i have seen some really really not good bands open for PJ many times. I would never let an opening band prevent me from seeing PJ. to me that is just silly.

Its not just the fact its the opening band - if you want a decent spot in these GA stadiums you have to get in early. That means possibly standing at the barrier for 4-5 hours before PJ hits the stage. I might have been keen on that 10 years ago when i was 17 but I ain't got the patience/desire for that these days......

I love GA shows, but it would have been better to have a local support act on at say 7.30pm, then PJ at 9pm.
    Then people could actually turn up after work or whatever, rather than it turning into an entire day (in the hot sun) like some sort of mini festival.

Besides that, a local band would get an absolute kick out of supporting a band like PJ and a lot of exposure.
    That's how it used to be and how it should be IMO :geek:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    i jst started listening to these guys when I knew I would be seeing them. They're not bad at all. A bit hard to get into, but Fly one time by B.H is awesome
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • BH & R7 were great in LA, a nice rocking but more mellow way to start up the show. Breathe deeply and enjoy the 'atmosphere'. He played around 45 mins.

Remember we also have Liam Finn opening and after watching some of his performances on Youtube, I wouldn't miss him for anything. Looks like a great triple act. I really hope PJ bring Liam back up on stage for a Jam - even a Split Enz cover (Hint: I See Red). If Ben gets up for Red Mosquito you are goign to see an incredible jam that almost reminded me of Crazy Horse.