U2 and limited edition shirts (pj related)

breath123breath123 Posts: 397
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I went to the U2 show in Glendale AZ a few weeks ago.

On this tour, they are making special shirts for each show. On the front, the U2 360 logo. On the back, the diagram and name of the stadium in that city with the date.

you thought PJ merch goes quick? By the time U2 went on, most of the merch vendors were packing up to go home. the rest had a few items left on a table. crazy. Of course there were those scumbags buying 20 shirts and suprise suprise, there's a bunch of them on ebay.

so I go to U2.com and it turns out that they are selling them there. You'd feel like shit if you bought one on ebay and maybe worse if you're the flipper because you have no market. boo hoo baby.

hint hint pj!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Lets hope they got permission to use those stadiums ;)
  • I noticed that too. I bought a date specific shirt in Vancouver and then saw that most of the date specific ones were available on U2.com.
  • breath123 wrote:

On this tour, they are making special shirts for each show. On the front, the U2 360 logo. On the back, the diagram and name of the stadium in that city with the date.

you thought PJ merch goes quick? By the time U2 went on, most of the merch vendors were packing up to go home. the rest had a few items left on a table. crazy. Of course there were those scumbags buying 20 shirts and suprise suprise, there's a bunch of them on ebay.

so I go to U2.com and it turns out that they are selling them there. You'd feel like shit if you bought one on ebay and maybe worse if you're the flipper because you have no market. boo hoo baby.

hint hint pj!
    Not only is all of the tour merchandise on U2.com, did you notice everything is $10 cheaper than it was at the concert? I saw them in Las Vegas and what shirts were left (no Sam Boyd Stadiums) were $40 on the website $30 and if you use your 25% coupon issued from the fan club that drops it to $23.
    Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
  • The fact that it is cheaper online didn't escape me either. That part didn't make me happy after buying a shirt at the show but I just need to look at it that I can buy something I missed while trying to fight the merch lines.
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    breath123 wrote:

hint hint pj!
    Not only is all of the tour merchandise on U2.com, did you notice everything is $10 cheaper than it was at the concert? I saw them in Las Vegas and what shirts were left (no Sam Boyd Stadiums) were $40 on the website $30 and if you use your 25% coupon issued from the fan club that drops it to $23.
  • Why even bother with the lines when you can get the items on line? No pushing, shoving etc. Had I checked U2.com prior to the show, I would have purchased the items I wanted and been able to have more time in the beer lines at the show! I spent at least 45 min. in merch line, that's a couple more beers! :D And since it wasn't a PJ show, I didn't pack a tube for the poster but managed to get it home in one piece.

The fact that it is cheaper online didn't escape me either. That part didn't make me happy after buying a shirt at the show but I just need to look at it that I can buy something I missed while trying to fight the merch lines.
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    breath123 wrote:

hint hint pj!
    Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
  • aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,026
    edited November 2009
    Man this is awesome. I obviously wish I had known before I overpaid for shirts, but I was seriously distraught that the posters sold out because it was my son's first show and even though he'll never remember it I wanted to frame the poster with our tickets so he would always have that as a keepsake.

Ordering Charlottesville poster NOW!
    Post edited by aspoonfulweighsaton on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i was perusing u2.com before the rose bowl and saw that they were selling all the tour merch...however, there wasn't any rose bowl stuff...the next day it was up and got a poster and t-shirt :thumbup:
  • how old is your son? Nice keepsake, glad you were able to get the poster.
    Man this is awesome. I obviously wish I had known before I overpaid for shirts, but I was seriously distraught that the posters sold out because it was my son's first show and even though he'll never remember it I wanted to frame the poster with our tickets so he would always have that as a keepsake.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    how is the u2 live?

I got tickets for the New Meadowlands show in July. The seats are in the 200 level next to the stage.

Im not that excited, I just feel like I want to check them out once.... but Im still not certain I want to go.
  • I love them, but you should check out the U2 thread over in other music.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    how is the u2 live?

I got tickets for the New Meadowlands show in July. The seats are in the 200 level next to the stage.

Im not that excited, I just feel like I want to check them out once.... but Im still not certain I want to go.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    wow. that thread is pretty harsh/ 8-)
  • how old is your son? Nice keepsake, glad you were able to get the poster.

He's 2 1/2.

We got some grief for taking him but we only did it because it was outdoors and we had his ears well protected. He did super and even managed to fall asleep at one point. :)
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    how is the u2 live?

I've been a fan my whole life but never saw them until a month ago. Having missed out on tours that I know would have been better, I can still honestly say that I was blown away and they exceeded all of my expectations. If you already have the tickets you should most certainly go.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    MayDay10 wrote:

this one

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38386

you should go to youtube and watch the rose bowl show from last week...i've been a huge u2 fan from back in the day and i was a little hesitant about going to the show but it turned out to be a great show...it's not pj but it is quite a spectacle and for being a stadium the sound was really good
  • Did you look at the I don't like U2 thread? :D
    MayDay10 wrote:
  • perhaps we will all be pleasantly surprised and rewarded by Pearl Jam for our patience? ;);):)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • I think they are cheaper on u2.com to compensate for the tax/shipping?

I could be wrong.
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    perhaps we will all be pleasantly surprised and rewarded by Pearl Jam for our patience? ;);):)

doubt it :D
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    The fact that it is cheaper online didn't escape me either. That part didn't make me happy after buying a shirt at the show but I just need to look at it that I can buy something I missed while trying to fight the merch lines.
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    breath123 wrote:

hint hint pj!

But when you factor in shipping, it's the same price.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR