Philly Audience Recordings (Links Included)

PaulConnollyPaulConnolly Posts: 60
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Looks like "linking to" audience recordings is not ok... thanks.

Mods - please delete thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    This may not be the smartest thing you've ever done there buddy..I see a ban in your future :shock:
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Really? i thought audience recordings were free to share? My bad, i honestly had no idea : :cry:
  • While a kind gesture, you may want to reconsider.

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Really? i thought audience recordings were free to share? My bad, i honestly had no idea : :cry:

I think only for shows that are not for sale or are not going to be for sale- like the pre 2000 shows, etc.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

They used to be able to be shared before PJ got the Green Disease. I mean really, it is idiotic to think that people won't buy the official bootleg if they grab an audience recording first.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I mean really, it is idiotic to think that people won't buy the official bootleg if they grab an audience recording first.

I wouldn't.

I am an advocate for the devil.

Sorry, I'm sassy this morning.

;)

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Really? i thought audience recordings were free to share? My bad, i honestly had no idea : :cry:

They used to be able to be shared before PJ got the Green Disease. I mean really, it is idiotic to think that people won't buy the official bootleg if they grab an audience recording first.
    I have the audience recordings from the msg shows last year and I think they are better than the offical ones. Anything that isn't for sale your're free to trade. Putting up links to 08 and 09 is not allowed. That seems like it be common sense.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I believe audience recordings are OK.... if they are being traded even-for other boots that arent the official boots still available for sale.

Linking/sharing boots is not OK.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Looks like "linking to" audience recordings is not ok... thanks.

Mods - please delete thread.

To clarify...

There's a huge difference between recording the show on your personal recorder and listening to it at home as opposed to putting it on the internet for world-wide distribution. The first scenario is what the band intended when they allowed recording of their shows. The second scenario is not ok...they care too much about their music and how it sounds...it's the sound...that's what it's about...and, of course, they're going to release them first with good sound.

Thank you for removing the link(s). The boots are coming (in my best Paul Revere voice). :wave:

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.