Attn Sydney fans...few qns

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Where can I hail a Taxi near the venue?
Are they just outside the footy stadium?

Also, if I wanted to get a train back to Parramatta area which is the nearest train station to the venue?
My cousin lives in Marylands, what line do I need to be on and which station do I get off.

And finally how much would I pay to get:
A train to and from the venue?
A taxi to and from the venue?
Do you need to wait long for a cab/train?
What is the taxi phone number?

Will I get booed because I am a Melbourne Storm fan?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Where can I hail a Taxi near the venue?
    There should be taxis out the front of the venue, otherwise they may run buses to and from Central Station
    Are they just outside the footy stadium?
    See above, but depends on the event. Mostly there are buses back to Central, or you can venture to the main roads to hail a cab, not far away

Also, if I wanted to get a train back to Parramatta area which is the nearest train station to the venue?
    My cousin lives in Marylands, what line do I need to be on and which station do I get off.

Get a cab or bus back to Central Station, though the walk is probably at the most 20 minutes, and alot of ppl will do the walk. You can get a fast train to Parramatta which should take no longer than 40min. You can get off at Parramatta, and given the time of night, I strongly suggest you get a cab from Parra to Merrylands. Shouldnt be more than 10-15 bucks
    And finally how much would I pay to get:

A train to and from the venue?
    Probably about $12 return
    A taxi to and from the venue?
    Could be as much as $30-$40 each way, possibly more
    Do you need to wait long for a cab/train?
    Wait is not long, Parramatta is a busy station, you can get a train to the city fairly comfortably. Cabs will be at your house within 20 min maximum
    What is the taxi phone number?
    You have a few choices. Legion cabs is 13 14 51. Google for other cab companies
    Will I get booed because I am a Melbourne Storm fan?[/quote]
    fuck Melbourne Storm!! If I read that from the start i certainly wouldnt have answered all you r questions hehe. Though I was happy you beat Parra, but IU still hate Melbourne. As a Dragons fan it's my right to hate everyone who beats us in Grand Finals hehe
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Ahhh I like your work, ozpjman! 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    might i add that i am a frequent late night traveller transitting through parra train station after gigs. sometimes im sober. sometimes im not. but its usually very late at night. 1am or so. and im always alone. ive not ever had any security issues.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    might i add that i am a frequent late night traveller transitting through parra train station after gigs. sometimes im sober. sometimes im not. but its usually very late at night. 1am or so. and im always alone. ive not ever had any security issues.

I wouldn't do it.. even if I were male.
    I rate it as the worst rail section in Sydney.. security wise. Chances are you'll be fine but if you can go with someone else that would be best. Have been involved in a mugging in that area before, not fun.
    LongRoad wrote:

I wouldn't do it.. even if I were male.
    I rate it as the worst rail section in Sydney.. security wise. Chances are you'll be fine but if you can go with someone else that would be best. Have been involved in a mugging in that area before, not fun.

the worst??? do you mean the entire western line??

holy fuckballs dont scare the lad. ive been out and about on our transit system since 1979 and im talking every day and night of the week at various times and at all different times of the day and night.(except peaktimes cause thats a bitch. :lol: ) and ive never been mugged. in fact ive never even been approached. perhaps its my sunshine personality.. who knows.. ;):lol:

you want scary... ride the penrith nightride bus... thatll give you nightmares. :mrgreen: im kidding 'riff peeps. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,030
    Just walk up & down Foveaux St it will only take 10 mins or so, just follow the crowd. Dont get a taxi you will get ripped off as they know there will be alot of people from out of town. With the trains you have to remember it is a Sunday & they dont run as late & we know how long PJ shows can go for. Have a great time i was totally shattered that i will be in Sydney till the Saturday when i fly back to London. When i saw the tour dates i was gutted(already had booked my flights) but atleast i wont be there on the day of the actual show, so that is a comfort & i was at the o2 show which will go down in PJ folklore. If Sydney is half a good as London you will be buzzing for hours.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Thanks for the tips dudes and dudettes.
    Yeah not a fan of getting trains at night, always some junkies looking to rob.
    What time would the concert finish you reckon???
    I'll be wearing my PJ shirt, if any thug tries me I'll tell him I am down with Eddie, they'll back off! lol
    I am more keen to cab it and pretend I am a local, I'll tell him to go down the Parra fwy lol

Where is central station?
    What street?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ???
    Thanks for the tips dudes and dudettes.
    Yeah not a fan of getting trains at night, always some junkies looking to rob.
    What time would the concert finish you reckon???
    I'll be wearing my PJ shirt, if any thug tries me I'll tell him I am down with Eddie, they'll back off! lol
    I am more keen to cab it and pretend I am a local, I'll tell him to go down the Parra fwy lol

Where is central station?
    What street?

well..... central station is at the southern end of the CBD. its across the road from belmore park and has a 3 street frontage basically. you can enter from eddy avenue(the main entrance), or via the devonshire st tunnel from devonshire street at one end and lee street or railway square at the other. theres also an entrance at the juncture of elizabeth and chalmers streets.

junkies? are you kidding me?? what kind of thinking is that??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • In Melb it is the case. lol
    ...I am more keen to cab it and pretend I am a local, I'll tell him to go down the Parra fwy lol

well you suck as a local even when pretending. the parra freeway is a tollway. :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ...I am more keen to cab it and pretend I am a local, I'll tell him to go down the Parra fwy lol

well you suck as a local even when pretending. the parra freeway is a tollway. :lol::lol:

Well then, the fwy that is non-toll that takes you to Parra lol

:oops:
    ...I am more keen to cab it and pretend I am a local, I'll tell him to go down the Parra fwy lol

Well then, the fwy that is non-toll that takes you to Parra lol

:oops:

doesnt exist.

though parramatta road is free to travel along. :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say