money was refunded, period

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited November 2009 in The Porch
changed my mind, just like many have on me in the past to the tune of money i never received back. money was refunded, period. ask cathie and deb from wishlist how terrible i am.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I have to say the thread was a bit harsh

That being said, you really should try to keep the promises you make here. People take the promises made here seriously. You got a ticket, shirt or poster for me? Cool. Dont be surprised when you get called out if you fuck it up.

And its not about the money, its about the fact that someone relied upon your promise, to their detriment, to make something happen, and you failed to live up to that promise.

no need for threats or any of that stuff

But dont make a promise here that you cant keep, its just not right. People trust each other here, and when that trust is broken, people get angry.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    yep, understandable, promises were broken to me as well many times and i wasn;t refunded, so... i decided to keep it. it's not so bad. not for nothin', but he didn;t include his statement where twice he said, "you WILL send me that poster". lol. and who threatened anyone? i simply said i decided to keep the poster and refunded his money in full, promptly.

don;t tell me what i am going to do, i do what i want... period. as we all should.

peace
    adam
  • You did what you want is not a reasonable thing to say.

He paid for the poster. You promised him a poster in exchange for the money.

When you realized you liked the experience/poster, contacting him to ask his permission to reufnd the money would have worked out much better.

You technically can't do what you want since his money was in your hands, but you could have asked him to do what you want.

The situation as a whole was handled very poorly
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    changed my mind, just like many have on me in the past to the tune of money i never received back. money was refunded, period. ask cathie and deb from wishlist how terrible i am.

Trying to stand on the shoulders of a charity to regain credibility?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    The true character of a person is not how he describes himself... rather how he is described by others.
    A Promise is a promise. There is no valid arguement to that statement.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    well if it helps, i miracled two lovely ladies from wishlist, so this falls by the wayside in my book. i shouldn;t have sold it in advance. i'll admit that, but refunding his money, when there are probably 1,000's of these ugly things out there for less than $50 at that... well... i did what was right (by my code, not yours, his, or anyone elses), and in the end, i do what i want when i want. i do what benefits my family first, then myself second.

if you don;t like that... well... heh....

wheine-akin?
    french cries?

in the meantime, have a good night and see ya at the next batch of shows...
This discussion has been closed.