So who decided to cover "Whip It"

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Honestly, never thought I would hear that as a cover, love it by the way. As a fan of Devo I thought that was very cool.
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    My guess... Mike.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    It was Stones fault!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Cosmo wrote:
    My guess... Mike.

I don't know... Jeff was rocking that small bass

www.seanbrady.net
  • wasn't eddie wearing a devo tshirt during the main set?
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I wonder if it was a semi-joke in response to the "Gut Feeling" similarities.

I am seeing DEVO this week...it would be great if they did a PJ cover and wore flannel shirts!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I am seeing DEVO this week...it would be great if they did a PJ cover and wore flannel shirts!

I saw them back in 2005, you are in for a treat... they are some strange birds but def worth checking out.

www.seanbrady.net
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    yoke wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I saw them back in 2005, you are in for a treat... they are some strange birds but def worth checking out.

I am 43, so I have been seeing Devo since 1981...always a fun show!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I think this was pretty obviously related to that since they played Got Some right after it. (!!)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    wasn't eddie wearing a devo tshirt during the main set?

Yes.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    yoke wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I am 43, so I have been seeing Devo since 1981...always a fun show!

nice, my brother was into them(I am 35 he is 44) so I grew up on them and have been listening ever since... I may hit them up at Irving Plaza this month(if money permits).

www.seanbrady.net
  • Kat wrote:
    Devo video contest :shock: I hope they win! :P
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep