WHY DID THE SCORE GIRL STOP UPDATING THE WS SCORE?

HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
edited November 2009 in The Porch
10/31/2009 Great show, great night. The only disappointment was that the score girl stopped updating the WS score after it was 3-0, Filthies. I enjoyed watching filthie fans crying, like mike schmidt did when the HOF came a-calling. Thanks Pearl Jam for a wonderful weekend.
TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    10/31/2009 Great show, great night. The only disappointment was that the score girl stopped updating the WS score after it was 3-0, Filthies. I enjoyed watching filthie fans crying, like mike schmidt did when the HOF came a-calling. Thanks Pearl Jam for a wonderful weekend.
    Not thats just a low blow... :lol:

I root against the Yankees no matter what so maybe thats why I understood why they stopped... but even if I was in NY I wouldn't want to watch the yankees fans cry!
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    drsluggo wrote:
    Not thats just a low blow... :lol:

I root against the Yankees no matter what so maybe thats why I understood why they stopped... but even if I was in NY I wouldn't want to watch the yankees fans cry!
    We don't cry. There's always next year with the Steinbrenners in charge. ;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    After suffering Wednesday night with the Phillies being ahead every time she came out, I was really looking forward to her coming out Saturday night when the Yanks were winning, but it never happened !! There was a good chant of "Lets Go Yankees" in the back 300 sections though !
  • Amazing Concert but alot of pre game philly talk went silent halfway through the game. I loved it, even requesting updates at any lull. So much talk before the game that a 1-1 series was over from a bunch of fans that obviously arent used to being there. GO YANKS
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I guessed they didnt want to incite the fans,
    the last I saw it was at 3-0 .
    I guess thats when it turned so they didnt update anymore, then all the NY fans would cheer, then theyd go back and forth, and it might be a distraction so they put the kebash on it .

On a sidenote the Philly press getting ahead of themselves and snubbing the Baseball gods ?
    Take a look at this:

World Series Winners?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
  • because i would have cried?
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • well the band wanting to keep their concert atmospheres absolutely safe... if they continued to update with the score there probably would have been a riot...especially because how a lot of the philly fans were acting like complete babies...

...in the parking lot anyone wearing a yankee shirt had beers thrown at them... and footballs were rocketed at them at literally point blank range...yeah real mature!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    why bum out the philly fans- its their hometown
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited November 2009
    Never checked once. I knew the Yanks were winning :D when we didn't see the score girl anymore. Why incite a bitter angry philly fan, you'd be asking for trouble :lol: .
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    every one around me including myself were on their cell phones checking the scores so I am pretty sure every one knew the score, so why upset the fans by reminding them of the score and the Phillies getting beat!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    JW0422 wrote:
    every one around me including myself were on their cell phones checking the scores so I am pretty sure every one knew the score, so why upset the fans by reminding them of the score and the Phillies getting beat![/quot

every one around me including myself were on their cell phones

To me that is the most pathetic statement ever glad i was not part of it ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....