BEST SHOW EVER

helloworldhelloworld Posts: 7
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I don't know how to start... I have so much racing through my head.

OK let's start with THANK YOU....Thank you ten club, thank you pearl jam, thank you, uh just listen to Natalie Merchants' song THANK YOU!

I felt compelled to address some of the things my friends have said and what I am reading here so I am going to bullet them.... I CANT SPELL OR USE GRAMMER so "….. if I say something" that is not formatted properly..

1) Saturday night is possibly the best show ever, the two others are Seattle 2 and Randall’s Island and I was at both. Who needs a special guest! We had pearl jam for over 3 hours, are you kidding! I suffered through the RHCP in Seattle and the had a completely choreographed SAME EXACT show both nights, so much for a "mega billing". Also, if you went all four nights, understand that not everyone else did, so repeats are welcomed and encouraged.

2) OUT OF MY MIND... my all time favorite and after 50 + Pearl Jam shows I almost lost it when I heard the first guitar strum......

3) Complaints about ten club tickets.... Are you kidding... the ten club is not some corporate entity (listen also .. Rush, the song Test for Echo) All you have to do is call them, reach out, ask, and they take care of you. If you signed up two weeks before the on sale date, well, I will leave it at that.

4) Philadelphia is not the mid-west, new york, or anywhere else; it has crime, jerks, passionate people, great fans, fair-weather fans, invaders, cocky folks, nice folks, security that thinks they are the FBI and one hell of a tailgate party. Just about everything you want and not unlike many other places ( I am talking to you Connecticut, and Virginia Beach ). Oh wait, Philly is still much better than them for tailgates! :twisted:

5) Anyone who has been on these boards for 10 plus years may know the trick of DEVO. Years ago back in the Sony BBS days if you had a bad day and decided to rant about something and went over the line you ended up on BBS that looked just like the PJ one, but it was DEVO. It was a great way to police the masses and I found it funny then and even more funny now....

In conclusion Thank You all involved for the great work you did making this happen fans included. I had a blast, just remember PITTSBURGH is closing down the Civic Arena next year, much older than the spectrum and was actually originally an opera house before being converted to a hockey rink.....HMMMMM....Maybe the can open the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead of "High Hopes" to close it out we can all sing "We’re from the town with the great football team we cheer the Pittsburgh Steelers".................I know you all in Philly love that one! :lol:

With love

A lifelong fan.....