Where do I say thank you?

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Section 102- 2nd row under Eddie- I won the Lottery :clap::D:lol: thank you 10C thank you PJ
Thank you God

Warning (Will Robinson) may be to spiritual for some

I've always felt so very thankful to have Pearl Jam in my life. This is not new. Each song like a page of my life- a time- a memory to recall happy or sad. Most days one plays in my head on repeat. Long nights in the dark listening alone. Eddies voice like the sound of heaven itself to me.
But Sat evening brought new gratitude, actually it brought a most wonderful revelation come Sunday morning with a flood of tears.
As I stood there, these men in front of me. Really seeing them. These men I almost felt I knew but not. I could actually see into their eyes- I had this profound feeling of God's plan. His plan that brought them together 19 years ago. Brought together by God given gifts and talent to share, create and bond in friendship. And I found I was apart of this plan. This was the revelation. The why was answered for me- Pearl Jam is as thankful for me, for us, as we of them. They need and love us too. This I did not know until I looked into their eyes. This is Gods plan.
I have heard some say once they meet the band that they can die happy now. Not me- I want to live all the more. And I will thank God daily for Pearl Jam because what they create speaks to my soul and completes my time here in this life.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    Awesome man!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • Your words are really beautiful! I'm not a religous person but I can understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I can't believe how much I LOVE THEM! How long have you been in the 10c to get those seats? I'm waiting for my turn....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Your words are really beautiful! I'm not a religous person but I can understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I can't believe how much I LOVE THEM! How long have you been in the 10c to get those seats? I'm waiting for my turn....
    since 06- but a forever fan- your turn will come loveboatkaren,- always keep the faith...religious or otherwise
  • RaeleighRaeleigh Posts: 137
    Wow, well done. OP, your post brought tears to my eyes.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm not religious, but when I'm at Pearl Jam shows I feel like I'm at church. Nice writeup.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • pandora...did you wish me to win the lottery somewhere?
    there's your karma!
    kudos to you!
    how AWESOME!
    i am so glad you scored 2nd row center.....amazing!
    sure, i am a wee bit jealous, of course, but in a good way. :mrgreen:
    i am thoroughly pleased you had that experience. someday, i hope to, too!
    however, i am thrilled beyond belief that i got to experience these shows first-hand!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

thanks for sharing that, you know it was a profoundly spiritual experience for me. I felt it just fall together.
    I was hoping some people here would understand that because nobody in my life does.
    pandora...did you wish me to win the lottery somewhere?
    there's your karma!
    kudos to you!
    how AWESOME!
    however, i am thrilled beyond belief that i got to experience these shows first-hand!
    I did decides2dream- I thought of the people I had "met" here you would be most deserving. It was unbelievable and I hope everyone here gets the chance someday to really see the band like I did.
  • pandora wrote:
    pandora...did you wish me to win the lottery somewhere?
    there's your karma!
    kudos to you!
    how AWESOME!
    I did decides2dream- I thought of the people I had "met" here you would be most deserving. It was unbelievable and I hope everyone here gets the chance someday to really see the band like I did.

*warm fuzzies*
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Far-out.
  • awesome pandora..u deserve it,,u are one of the kindest person in the board :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Oh....nice post. That is awesome.

Some day I hope to be close like that!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • When I saw Eddie Vedder in Honolulu, front row and center, I said to myself, "I know this is what heaven is like." To make things even better, after Hide Your Love Away, he walked up to me and handed me his harmonica. :o I made sure I thanked God a few times for the incredible experience He had given me.
    Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
    awesome pandora..u deserve it,,u are one of the kindest person in the board :D
    wow
    well its so kind of you to tell me so
    thank you dimitrispearljam
    Hawaii 78 wrote:
    When I saw Eddie Vedder in Honolulu, front row and center, I said to myself, "I know this is what heaven is like." To make things even better, after Hide Your Love Away, he walked up to me and handed me his harmonica. :o I made sure I thanked God a few times for the incredible experience He had given me.
    It must have been wonderful to be in Honolulu thats heaven in itself I'm sure- I would love to go to the Big Island and truck around for a week- see PJ and then get to that big telescope up on that mountain I saw on TWC. You can see just about the whole sky from there they say.
  • pandora wrote:
    wow
    some things its easy to see them..
    Cheers from Greece
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pandora wrote:
    wow
    some things its easy to see them..
    Cheers from Greece
    Dimitris
    And cheers from Georgia
    Dimitris,
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    I had a similar revelation when listening to Yield as I drove away from problems a few years back. Felt like I needed to get out of town for while, drove to the ocean as Yield played... I came over a crest in the road and saw the ocean creep into view, it had been years since I'd seen it. As Yield played and I saw this massive, beautiful thing in front of me I was able to let go of all the stress that was weighing me down. It was a very spiritual feeling. I realized then why God put PJ in my life. They are here to heal me, get me through things, to be a faithful, loyal friend. Whether I ever meet them or not, I know how important they have been in shaping me as the man I am today.

OP, great post, thanks for reminding me of this feeling ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
    Gmoney wrote:
    I had a similar revelation when listening to Yield as I drove away from problems a few years back. Felt like I needed to get out of town for while, drove to the ocean as Yield played... I came over a crest in the road and saw the ocean creep into view, it had been years since I'd seen it. As Yield played and I saw this massive, beautiful thing in front of me I was able to let go of all the stress that was weighing me down. It was a very spiritual feeling. I realized then why God put PJ in my life. They are here to heal me, get me through things, to be a faithful, loyal friend. Whether I ever meet them or not, I know how important they have been in shaping me as the man I am today.

that is beautiful and from reading this I bet you are a wonderful man
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    pandora wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:

that is beautiful and from reading this I bet you are a wonderful man
    Why thank you, pandora. I like to think so ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Beautifully said, Pandora...definitely feel the same way!