Detroit fans...

smellrosesmellrose Posts: 72
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I may be posting this in the wrong place, but I gotta ask, is anyone going to the Sounds of Seattle show feat. Ten (PJ tribute band) and Badmotorfinger (Soundgarden tribute band) at the Magic Bag in Ferndale this Friday?

I'm tempted. It could be fun, but would be even more so if there were some fellow fans there. Plus, it's right close to my house, so...

I'm on the fence, any thoughts???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just moved to detroit not long ago.
    I have no idea what that bar is, but i would go.
  • leadbedr10 wrote:
    I just moved to detroit not long ago.

I'm so sorry (I kid)!

Here is a link to the bar, it's on Woodward Ave., just north of 9 Mile Rd.:

http://www.themagicbag.com/

what area are you in?
  • im in sterling heights.

i know. i dont know what i was thinking moving here...
  • I was thinking about going to this when they came by last year..........but then I listened to them on their myspace page.

Of course Im not expecting an exact replica of PJ, but the singer sounded like Scott Stapp singing Pearl Jam. :o

I would not be able to sit through that. If you go though, let me know how it is.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Our Detroit crew went last time and it was really good. It was a nice "half-time" show in between Tour dates. We were all planning on going again this time. So there will be plenty of PJ fans there.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Have fun and there's a Mini DT who's wondering if he's been forgotten. You certainly made an impression.:-D pm me & let me know if it was the moment and I'll break it to him. Thanks.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• timctimc Posts: 664
    leadbedr10 wrote:
    im in sterling heights.

LAUGHING :D Had a great at the shows Tony, Remember Hawaii DEC 16th :D
  • Dirty Tom wrote:
    Our Detroit crew went last time and it was really good. It was a nice "half-time" show in between Tour dates. We were all planning on going again this time. So there will be plenty of PJ fans there.

I thought about it last time and decided against it. I was driving by and saw the marquee last weekend and thought, why the hell not?!?

Maybe I'll catch some of y'all up there, though I probably won't know ya since I haven't been to a meet up yet. I'll just go around and ask "Ten Club? Ten Club?". I won't seem like much of a geek:)

leadbedr10 - it's not so bad... if you look there's some fun things to do... I don't know about Sterling Heights, though! :)
  • Detroit Fans??? Detroit security, I got the rubber glove in my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • When we all get together were all usually some kind of PJ shirt anyways!

And what's wrong with Sterling Heights/??? That's where i'm from!

• Dirty tom - did you do the lyric contest in chicago at the pre party?
  • leadbedr10 wrote:
    Dirty tom - did you do the lyric contest in chicago at the pre party?

No. We had absolutely no time. Everything was way too chaotic after the venue change.

Definetely next time though.

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    leadbedr10 wrote:

No. We had absolutely no time. Everything was way too chaotic after the venue change.

Tom... learn to read.... ;)

Chicago he did....

Philly he did not....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Dirty Tom wrote:
    leadbedr10 wrote:

Tom... learn to read.... ;)

Chicago he did....

Philly he did not....

thought so. i think i meet you (tom) in philly.

so you guys going ?
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    leadbedr10 wrote:
    im in sterling heights.

LOL! I live a city northwest of you. Its not that bad.
    Save room for dessert!
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    When we all get together were all usually some kind of PJ shirt anyways!

Did you use to have a different name on here? A guy named Tom copied a great show for me and met me off Hall Rd. on Mound to give it to me. Was that you?
    Save room for dessert!
  • Heatherj43 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Did you use to have a different name on here? A guy named Tom copied a great show for me and met me off Hall Rd. on Mound to give it to me. Was that you?

Yes that was me! I had the sebring convertible with the gvn2fly plate. Now i have a saturn sky convertible with prl jam as my plate.

• luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Yes that was me! I had the sebring convertible with the gvn2fly plate. Now i have a saturn sky convertible with prl jam as my plate.
    he drives the batmobile :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Dirty Tom wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

so youre the reason I couldnt get those plates :evil: :evil:
    Ive tried for those in every state ive lived in for the past 18 years and never been able to get it.
    I couldnt even get them when I lived in Hawaii...
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Hey then, hello! You know I could never thank you enough! I am glad to see you on here. I probably see you a lot out there in the real world. I don't usually notice plates. I am in Sterling Heights a lot. LOL!! I don't want be though. Those cops are mean and are everywhere just waiting for one little mistake to occur in front of them.
    Save room for dessert!
  • so... anyone going?
    i may check it out.
  • Okay, so my friends all buggered out. The question is should I just go anyway and make some new friends?

It's so close to home, I think I may have to check it out. BTW, the venue was giving away tickets on facebook to the first five who answered the question:

Which famous Michigan artist designed an album cover for Soundgarden? And what was the name of the album?

Have always like Soundgarden but do not know the answer. Should've made it a PJ question!

:)
  • Unfortunately I was sick with the Philly Flu Bug. I couldn't go. Did anyone end up going?