Watched 10/31 From the Sound Booth!

october22october22 Posts: 2,533
edited November 2009 in The Porch
It all started Friday when I bumped into Brooks Wackerman, Bad Religion's drummer, on the street a few blocks from the Radisson.

I had met him backstage at last year's warped tour so I said hello and he remembered me. He asked what I was up to and I told him I was in town for the shows and that I couldn't wait for tonight. Then he asked me if I wanted a couple backstage passes and of course I said that would be awesome. We exchanged numbers and an hour later he sent me a text saying he got me 2.

My brother and I picked up our passes at will call and went backstage. We met all of Bad Religion (which was awesome because they are my other favorite band) and walked passed Matt Cameron. We didn't say hello or anything because 1) he was talking to someone and 2) because it's really not our place to, but it was still awesome.

We went backstage again after BR's set and Brooks said he could get me more for tomorrow if we wanted. Of course I said yes and the next day he texted me saying he got me 6! I brought my sister, her boyfriend, my brother and two friends who all had 10C tix to the show as well. We couldn't get backstage last night because apparently some ass fan caused a scene back there with Pearl Jam and they clamped down on security. We could have gotten back there but I would have had to call Brooks and tell him to meet us by the stage entrance. Obviously I didn't want to do that so we just went to our seats to watch the show and I thought that would be it. At least we had a backstage pass souvenir.

Then, about a song or two into PJ's set, I got a text from Brooks saying we should all come down to the floor and watch the show from the sound and light board area! (It was an extra bonus being that it was Halloween because I was able to wear my green wrestling mask without freaking out the board ops too much! :-) There's a story to the mask and why I wear it that goes back to the Tower Records PJ self-titled release/ secret show days but I won't bore you with that now.)

We all went down there and needless to say had we THE BEST experience any of us have ever had at a PJ show. The whole night in general was a huge party and we could not thank Brooks enough. I know it's pretty obvious by now but damn, that guy is the nicest human being in the world. What a down to earth, cool dude (not to mention a sick drummer!).

Anyway, that's my story. What a night. To those who were there, wherever you were sitting, I'm sure you know what I mean when I way it was a night I'll never forget.

Peace.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    That's an awesome story. Congratulations!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • What an cool story; thank you for sharing. Glad you guys had an amazing time :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Awesome! Congrats to you. :D
  • you were the guy with the mask from the tower records line? i remember you.
  • That's rad, Brooks (along with Freese, Cameron, AND Brooks' older brother Chad!) is one of my favorite drummers....his session stuff is really good too!....btw, does anyone remember Brooks first band in the early 90's Bad 4 Good?!...lol, funny stuff!....cheers! good story....I have a few like it, but not with Pearl Jam...mostly smaller Warped Tour bands.......