Thank You Pearl Jam! You did the Spectrum Proud

mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
edited November 2009 in The Porch
(Sorry if there is similar thread already) But just had to say Thank You Pearl Jam for incredible shows to close one of my favorite places. I needed no Bruce, no Elton, & def not Bon Jovi :o All I needed was you, my favorite band! I saw my 1st show @ the Spectrum when I was in 7th or 8th grade & went on to see many, many more as well as countless Flyers, Phantoms, Sixers games. As a kid I was there for the circus, the Ice Capades, etc. So, yes, I can honestly say, I couldn't be happier that PJ was the closer of the Spectrum & with 4 kick ass shows ( I was lucky enought to see 3!) Amazing setlists-things we don't get to hear & finally I got to hear Smile. These guys rocked their asses off & were truly committed to sending the Spectrum off right & did they ever. Tons & tons of red, white, & blue confetti & balloons during Rockin' in the Free World-just amazing!

Awesome preparties to benefit awesome causes w/the most fun & amazing people. Who else but Pearl Jam could possibly complete the package w/the best fans ever :mrgreen:

So today I can honestly say, I could actually die happy & contented. But still can't wait for the boots & would absolutely LOVE a dvd ;) All this while my daughter was out trick-or-treating w/her friends dressed as Devo. Totally inFUCKINGcredible!!! Love this band, love it's fans, & love & will miss the Spectrum :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
'98-Camden 8/29
'03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
'06-Camden 5/28
'08-Camden 6/20
'09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
'09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
'10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just wanted to say that I never realized how much shows take out of you, and to think that Pearl Jam pulled out 4 unbelievable shows is just amazing. I can't relate to the previous post, but I appreciate what the Spectrum meant to the people of Philly.

I love this band, they never dissapoint! They are only getting better with age!
  • mrs.smiley wrote:
    (Sorry if there is similar thread already) But just had to say Thank You Pearl Jam for incredible shows to close one of my favorite places. I needed no Bruce, no Elton, & def not Bon Jovi :o All I needed was you, my favorite band! I saw my 1st show @ the Spectrum when I was in 7th or 8th grade & went on to see many, many more as well as countless Flyers, Phantoms, Sixers games. As a kid I was there for the circus, the Ice Capades, etc. So, yes, I can honestly say, I couldn't be happier that PJ was the closer of the Spectrum & with 4 kick ass shows ( I was lucky enought to see 3!) Amazing setlists-things we don't get to hear & finally I got to hear Smile. These guys rocked their asses off & were truly committed to sending the Spectrum off right & did they ever. Tons & tons of red, white, & blue confetti & balloons during Rockin' in the Free World-just amazing!

Awesome preparties to benefit awesome causes w/the most fun & amazing people. Who else but Pearl Jam could possibly complete the package w/the best fans ever :mrgreen:

So today I can honestly say, I could actually die happy & contented. But still can't wait for the boots & would absolutely LOVE a dvd ;) All this while my daughter was out trick-or-treating w/her friends dressed as Devo. Totally inFUCKINGcredible!!! Love this band, love it's fans, & love & will miss the Spectrum :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

That just about says it all.....there was only one band that could give the Spectrum the proper send off. God Bless Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!! A big thank you!!!! And thanks to all the great fans who did their part to perfection in shaking the rafters for one last time, I will never forget it!!!! Ahhhh...memories
  • mrs.smiley wrote:

+1
    What an AWESOME 4 days, thank you. Now I can sleep, they die happy! :mrgreen:
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    mrs.smiley wrote:

BRAVO! Well said. (easy on Bon Jovi, I still like Wanted Dead or Alive, but agree wouldn't fit with the Greatest American Rock band of all time Pearl Jam). I had alot of memories with glam bands like Motley Crue, Guns, and Aerosmith at the spectrum as well when I was a kid but none of them come close to Pearl Jam or the relationship that PJ has with their fans. Plus they were all taping reality shows Saturday night.
  • mrs.smiley wrote:
    (Sorry if there is similar thread already) But just had to say Thank You Pearl Jam for incredible shows to close one of my favorite places. I needed no Bruce, no Elton, & def not Bon Jovi :o All I needed was you, my favorite band!

Agreed!

The show was phenomenal! THANK YOU PEARL JAM!
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Just wanted to say that I never realized how much shows take out of you, and to think that Pearl Jam pulled out 4 unbelievable shows is just amazing. I can't relate to the previous post, but I appreciate what the Spectrum meant to the people of Philly.

I love this band, they never dissapoint! They are only getting better with age!

They really do-I'm exhausted & happily drained. Can only imagine how tired the band was!? Well worth it tho. A VERY happy exhaustion :)
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    A huge THANK YOU to the band!! An amazing 4 nights.

Last night was perfect, no need for special guests or a 5 hour show , it couldn't have been any better !
  • Thank you Pearl Jam for an incredible time! My brain is mush and every part of my body aches, but you said it all mrs smiley. It was so much fun to hang with you phenomemal ladies, mrs s, st1, and Cathy whose 10c name I can't remember, at the most memorable run of shows in 18 yrs. Thanks for sharing this event and your memories with a couple of out-of- towners. ;-)
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Thank you Pearl Jam for an incredible time! My brain is mush and every part of my body aches, but you said it all mrs smiley. It was so much fun to hang with you phenomemal ladies, mrs s, st1, and Cathy whose 10c name I can't remember, at the most memorable run of shows in 18 yrs. Thanks for sharing this event and your memories with a couple of out-of- towners. ;-)
    im happy that u have good time.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Well put. That is why they are the greatest band in the business. Can't wait for the next tour!
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
    im happy that u have good time.. :D
    Incredible & photo of the 2 Joni's to PM.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Yes...Pearl Jam you are amazing - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you Pearl Jam !! The best band ever !! What a way to say goodbye to a legendary arena !!!

We all experienced a week like we never will again ! The exhaustion, hoarseness, soreness were all worth it to have the greatest memories ever !! I am in complete withdrawal , what do we do now !! :):)
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    Yes Thanks So Fucking Much, so proud to be a fan of this band, they are the greatest, I only went to the last 2 shows(couldn't afford all 4) but they were totally amazing the Halloween was the best show by far that I have ever seen! I can't believe they played for almost 4 hours, it didn't seem that long! They didn't let me down, I loved every minute of it!!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!
  • have been checking some of the clips on youtube. seemed like the band was in awesome spirits, very fun vibe. the sweet lew clip had me grinning ear to ear the entire time and i was laughing out loud at parts. eddie with the basketball was cracking my ass up. pretty classic. as much as i loved them angry, salty and pissed at evryone and evrything, this new look is growing on me. seemed like some fun shows. good stuff