Options

Shirt Hoarders - I hate you all

2»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    Well I was stupid and didn't get a shirt when I had the chance before the show. had to buy one on ebay for $80. Not too bad i guess saw some that sold for over $100.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    bd10bd10 Posts: 26
    simple solution really, sell them here. undercut the demand. I wouldn't even care if they were made to order, and I had to wait 6-8 weeks. no demand, no ridiculous prices. unless there's some sort of merch arrangement at the venue????
  • Options
    i like the idea of limited edition, but if you're gonna sell something that is limited edition, you really need to cap the number of pieces one can buy.

when posters were limited, there was a limit of how many you could buy. now, they print a shitload and you can buy as many as you want.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Wow that sucks! I'm so glad I didn't see anyone doing that, I would have clocked them one. I actually didn't even notice the blue Phillies shirts at first, I was lining up to get my friend the black girls PJ shirt. I bought 2 Phillies shirts, one for myself and one for a fellow 10c member in Portland. I was more concerned that the pre-party organisers were missing out, cause I think I, like many others, were lulled into a false sense of security thinking they weren't doing those sports shirts in Philly. I agree 10c should offer those shirts to members in a pre-sale with the posters.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    Lizard wrote:
    I would have thought the limit of 2 would have carried over after they did that in LA and SD. Kind of a no-brainer.

Well I bought my San Diego shirt after the show... I assume they didn't sell out that night... so maybe they just wanted to sell out in Philly...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    You know... we are partly to blame for all of this. I mean, if we didn't pay the ridiculous prices for Pearl Jam stuff on EBay and Craig's List, people wouldn't see dollar signs in Pearl Jam stuff. We are the reason WHY THIS MARKET EVEN EXISTS. We are the fools who will pay 300 bucks for a goddamn T-shirt. If we didn't act this way, people wouldn't see us this way.
    People see the ridiculous prices us FANS will pay for the vinyl, posters and other merchandice and they react to it. I don't know anyone that will pay 300 bucks for a Pearl Jam T-shirt or 650 bucks for a Benaroya Vinyl set in these times... other than maybe an AIG executive that got that bail-out bonus or Donald Trump... or an idiot. No one NEEDS a T-shirt or Album... we need to curb our WANTS.
    I know... it's fucked up and I do not condone this type of behaviour, but i think if everyone looked at it realistically, there would not be a reason why the Ten/VHC would have to make up rules for us. Rules are made because people cannot be responsible for their own actions.
    The best way for us to fight this thing is to fight it ourselves.
    I suggest that if an item pops up and someone else has already bid on it... let him have it. If the opening bid is .99, then let him have it for .99, even if you can afford it. Avoid bidding the thing up. If you happen across something and are the first to bid... it would be GREAT if you were the only bidder and got that T-shirt or album or poster for the initial bid, right? It would screw the greedy assholes and they would stop capitalizing on OUR wanton wants.
    But, I know this will never happen. We expect someone else to do things for us... like making rules for us to follow. It's that whole, "I won't do it... but, someone else will, so I'll do it too." It's just an idealistic dream I have. I always thought we were better than that and not like everyoneelse out there. And I also know my dreams are no where based in reality.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    jb7049 wrote:
    Complete bullshit at the merch stand last night. I waited in line for about 30 mins to get the blue Pj shirt (the sports/phillies shirt). A lady about 5 ft in front of me ended up cleaning them out and walked away with - I shit you not - about 15 of the shirts. I was livid b/c she had every intention of selling them on ebay. The kid in front of me was also on his phone texting with his commrades about how to get as many shirts as possible and I didnt get a chance to read every text...but the word ebay appeared on his phone at least twice.

So pissed ! Way to ruin it for everyone else.

She couldn't have gotten 15. They started "2 per person" rule in LA. How come Philly didn't have that rule?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    [/quote]

I'm sure it's not people in the ten club doing this.

But I agree. I went to buy one last night and they were sold out, and it was almost a foregone conclusion that there would be more available to purchase from somewhere. Unfortunately it seems my only venue is to find one on ebay that isn't in triple figures :([/quote]

a little naive to assume that your fellow ten club members would not be participating in this type of thing. i've seen quite a few asshole pearl jam fans, especially at shows in the philly area.

anyway, i agree with cosmo on this issue. i actually saw the shirts at the halloween show and decided to get a couple. one for me, and one for a friend that i went to the show on friday with who is a phillies fan and wanted one of those shirts. after about 2 minutes waiting in line i was just disgusted at what i was witnessing, said fuck it, and went to my seat empty handed. it wasn't really that i saw people hoarding merchandise, but just how crazy these people became just so they could buy an overpriced t-shirt. i decided then and there that it was something i just couldn't be a part of. it is the fault of the fans that buy these shirts, and eat em up on ebay for whatever ridiculous price the seller has them listed for. i really think that if these shirts were easier to come by, people wouldn't even be as interested in buying them for 35 bucks. i mean 35 bucks!, who sets these prices anyway? first and foremost we should be bitching about the base price for these, and then we can talk about the resale value on ebay. really, were the shirts that cool? i could find about 20 pj t shirts online that are cooler than those for about 10 bucks. fi think one of the reasons why people like to have these items is probably because of how much they go for on ebay. so how are you gonna just blame the people who take advantage of that. i think the blame is on the buyers and the sellers. until we stop being so foolish in how we spend our money on pj merchandise, this will never change....but yes, there really should be a limit on how many you can buy. i can't believe they were letting people take 15 at a time. that's just crazy.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    To make matters worse the Phils were in the World Series creating a much bigger demand then in other cities. I agree there should be a limit on all limited edition merchandise. As others have posted, don't help create the demand by bidding these shirts up. I would have like to have gotten one of the Cubs PJ shirts while I was there, but missed out, but I'll be damned if I am paying more then $35 for one.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Yes - it is too bad about the high prices on ebay, but what we are seeing is classic post-capitalist consumerism at work. Nobody is breaking the law buying the Ts in bulk at shows and selling them on ebay. It is up to the merch booths to limit purchase of the Ts.
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    jb7049 wrote:
    Complete bullshit at the merch stand last night. I waited in line for about 30 mins to get the blue Pj shirt (the sports/phillies shirt). A lady about 5 ft in front of me ended up cleaning them out and walked away with - I shit you not - about 15 of the shirts. I was livid b/c she had every intention of selling them on ebay. The kid in front of me was also on his phone texting with his commrades about how to get as many shirts as possible and I didnt get a chance to read every text...but the word ebay appeared on his phone at least twice.

So pissed ! Way to ruin it for everyone else.

I can understand people getting stuff for their friends, but this kind of thing (buying with the intent to resell on ebay) is total bullshit. One of the things i like about PJ and the ten club is the spirit of community; this kind of conduct is totally at odds with that spirit.

so well said, and i agree.
    tis a shame...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I am partly to blame and I apologize.

I paid $78 plus shipping on Saturday for one. Bought it from someone on eBay selling more than one so I'm sure he/she was one of these hoarders.

In all honesty, it was worth it to me. I love Philly sports; love pearl jam; was at the last show. I needed the shirt and while it's the dumbest thing ever, I was willing to pay. I will never wash it.

Others are willing to as well because now the quantities are diminishing...so to be the economist here, that's what the shirt costs/is worth.

They should have limited the number you could purchase. 2 is fair. Can't believe they didn't do it (or the spectrum didn't enforce).
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    It totally sucks that my 13yr old son got a poster t-shirt from every night except Saturday because these scalpers bought them all before we could through the line we patiently waited to buy. Now they are selling a $20 shirt for last I checked $60 at the least. If anyone bought an extra or changed their mind, please pm me to maybe work something out. I thought that they would have
    limited sales especially for that show. Anyway I hope to find one for his
    B'day on New Year's Eve. Thanks.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    I had a friend with me on 10/31/09 and he is a professional photographer. He took 600 amazing pictures that night that he is sharing w/ me that I can share with all the fans I know.

He is looking for a stickman tour shirt from Philly. I REALLY want to get it for him. I'll pay, trade, whatever.

Anyone have an extra XL or 2XL???

It would be HUGELY appreciated.