I'm Spent

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Wow!! 4 nights of that craziness has completely drained me. I need a vacation from my vacation.
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    my legs were rubber last night. holy crap
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I pulled a hammie from jumping too much on Night 1. Been limping ever since.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • but its sucks that its over...now i dont know what to do w myself :?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    Report this postReply with quoteI'm Spent
    by Black Diamond » 01 Nov 2009 11:20

Wow!! 4 nights of that craziness has completely drained me. I need a vacation from my vacation.

I am with ya!! Now what to do is the question...here's to 2010 Tour
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    but its sucks that its over...now i dont know what to do w myself :?

I'm sitting around today thinking exactly that...wtf now? Damn post-show depression.

Bring on the rumors and speculation, I'll see you all at MSG in Spring :D
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Thank goodness my getting sick waited til after the last show... At least now while im shivering and aching i can think of my four days of just pure bliss...
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    crazygeo wrote:
    Report this postReply with quoteI'm Spent
    by Black Diamond » 01 Nov 2009 11:20

I am with ya!! Now what to do is the question...here's to 2010 Tour

I expect I'll be in this condition after my 4 shows in a coupla weeks, luckily I wont have to work straight after the shows cos I'm casual.....

2010 if they do Seattle or the Gorge I'm planning on coming depending on what time of year they do shows like that.
  • Wow!! 4 nights of that craziness has completely drained me. I need a vacation from my vacation.
    :lol::lol: good one
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Wow!! 4 nights of that craziness has completely drained me. I need a vacation from my vacation.

truer words have never been spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    yeah.. it was a long amazing week. I'm so tired from all the PJ rare tracks and long shows :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I am right with you. Work this coming week will be like a ball and chain . Glad to have my voice returning and what's left of my hearing, but my legs ache and the side of my left knee is about eight colors where an exhuberant neighbor kicked me while jumping up and down on night 2 , section 104. Just call me Gimpy.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I only went to two shows and I feel it, you 4 shows in 5 night people scare me :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I did all 4 shows and I have been taking Motrin all day long. Im drained.

Last night I fell asleep in mid-sentence I guess and woke up at 7AM sitting on the coach with my hat on, and contact lenses in.
  • I was at all four show like many here

my voice is so hoarse everyone is asking me if I am sick !
    the back of both of my calves have huge bruises on them from jumping up and down and hitting the legs on the chairs on the floor repeatedly !!!

But it was all worth it and my friend asked me today if there was a fifth show tonight would I go and without hestitation, " absolutely " !!!!

I can only imagine how the band feels especially Eddie --- he left the stage completely spent every night and last night he had the incident with the microphone hitting is mouth !! Ouch !! He was in pain !

Love and Light to all and hope to be able to do it again !!!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    HEY! No sexy talk allowed in here --- it's an ALL AGES FORUM! ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    well to begin with I'm 51 and don't bounce back as easy. went to all four, with a dislocated knee cap, and stood the entire time. the only thing that saved me was getting a massage on Thursday the off day...not sure I could've made it otherwise.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:
    I pulled a hammie from jumping too much on Night 1. Been limping ever since.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Broken finger........pulled a hammy.......come on BD! You're getting frail in your old age! ;)8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • I agree, I flew in from Phoenix yesterday afternoon; took a train from Newark NJ to Philly (because the Newark airport SUCKS... a three hour delay!!) made it into the venue around 7 and had the TIME OF MY LIFE!! Left the venue waited for a cab to take me back to the airport, couldn't find one then called a buddy who was at the show, crammed into his filled truck; went to Geno's for a cheesesteak, finally get to the airport at 3 wait until 4 for it to open, hop on a plane at 545am, sleep a little on each flight, get back into Phoenix and then go straight to my job at a restaurant for an eight hour shift. I am SPENT, but I wouldn't have traded the experience for ANYTHING! Have slept about 5 hours over the past two nights.

Thank you Pearl Jam for one of the best nights ever! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • i went to the last 2 shows (best weekend of my entire LIFE!) and i'm really tired, not to mention my knees have bruises all over(awaits flood of b.j. jokes :lol: ). i'm really extraordinarily tired, i had to take a train to grand central from westchester at 11:30 am, take the subway from grand central to penn station, a bus to philly, a bus BACK from philly at 3 coming home at 8:30 am to pick up my brother then do the whole thing again. i've slept a total of 5 hours this weekend, if that. and it was worth it!!! i'm so glad i didn't listen to my mom when she told me to sell my tickets for philly 3 because my friend bailed and she didn't want me going alone.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!!! i will never forget this :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I did all 4 shows and I have been taking Motrin all day long. Im drained.

Last night I fell asleep in mid-sentence I guess and woke up at 7AM sitting on the coach with my hat on, and contact lenses in.

I dont care how beat up you are! You are not allowed to sit on the COACH! He is the one who trained you, took the time away from his daily routine, made it possible for you to be the best you can be... and you sit on him???

Next time just sit on the couch. Its got to be softer.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

hahahahahahaha.
    sorry we didn't get to meet! :(
    i met up with soooo many friends, new and old alike :)....but i always manage to miss out on so many others.
    that said, yea...after my whirlwind weekend in philly and pj and back in work today...you bet, i need a vacay from my vacay too. my body hurts. however, it was soooooooo WORTH it! i had such a GREAT time!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow