What's 'Out of My Mind'?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited November 2009 in The Porch
People went insane over that being played tonight. I havent a clue what the hell it is. Is it some PJ b-side or something? I have never even heard of the damn thing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• People went insane over that being played tonight. I havent a clue what the hell it is. Is it some PJ b-side or something? I have never even heard of the damn thing?

B-side to some Vitalogy single, has kind of an improved vibe to it, never really cared for it.

That's because it is an improv. Just like I said in my previous post.
  • People went insane over that being played tonight. I havent a clue what the hell it is. Is it some PJ b-side or something? I have never even heard of the damn thing?

B-side to some Vitalogy single, has kind of an improved vibe to it, never really cared for it.

That's because it is an improv. Just like I said in my previous post.

edited it, better?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I haven't heard it since about 1996.. It was on the Not For You single.. I really loved it for a week or two.. crazy they played it now..
  • Only the 3rd time it's ever been played, first time they played it since 1994
  • B Side to Not For You.

It was actually an Improv done in Atlanta in 1994
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2009
    People went insane over that being played tonight. I havent a clue what the hell it is. Is it some PJ b-side or something? I have never even heard of the damn thing?

B-side to some Vitalogy single, has kind of an improved vibe to it (Wave, "Re: Whats"). Never really cared for it.

references

Wave, Biggest. "Re: What's 'Out of My Mind"? Online Posting. 31 Oct. 2009. Pearl Jam - Ten Club Community. Accessed 31 Oct. 2009.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LOVE this song. One of the best b-sides IMO. :D

Video anyone?

sorry, but how can you have 3000 posts on this board and not know what this song is????

I have listened to that bootleg version a thousand time over the past 15 years and was stunned when they played it tonight. talk about a one in a million
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT
  • deskilladeskilla Posts: 279

welcome to pearljam.com

sorry, but how can you have 3000 posts on this board and not know what this song is????

I have listened to that bootleg version a thousand time over the past 15 years and was stunned when they played it tonight. talk about a one in a million

I agree - I don't doubt you being a fan but I also thought everyone knew about this song...? :o
  • I like how he said the lyrics have never been written down but he's reading the lyrics while singing! :)

Love you Ed!
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

I would go insane if I heard it live. I just adore this song, it's severely underrated. Glad they played it! May I live to hear it live myself.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    I like how he said the lyrics have never been written down but he's reading the lyrics while singing! :)

Love you Ed!

hahaha maybe he listened to the not for you single to find out what he said all those years ago?? amazing how creative these guys are, i really hope they release all the shows on dvd and bluray, even if he's reading lyrics off the sheet it doesnt take away from the fact that these have been some of the best shows of their career. Maybe they could be used as a retrospective experience for their 20th anniversary coming up, songs from their entire catalogue.....though they did leave out some really great ones :(
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    doompony wrote:
    :shock: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :shock:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)