Options

Philly night 4 - are you f'ing kidding me

Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
edited November 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
I can't even begin to describe how unbelievle tonight was
so many highlights. And were they on or what?! so much
energy!

THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!!

Pearl Jam, PJ crew, The Spectrum, all the amazing people I met,
and everyone who made these last 4 show so unbefuckingleaveable!!!

Peace
- Chris
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    FloydZoot wrote:
    crickK409 wrote:
    I was sick to my stomach watching Whip It. Killed such a great show.

Are you kidding me? It was funny as hell, Mike, Jeff, and Eddie really hammed it up looked just like the Devo video

Ed cracking that whip hahaha it was so funny! :lol: Couldn't stop grinning through the whole song - loved it! Oh my god what a show. I'm speechless, spent. (And not sorry the Yankees won - didn't used to care but after a whole weekend of listening to 'Yankees suck', I'm saying okay 8-5 suck on THAT :twisted: )

I swear, song after song my jaw was dropping. BUGS???!!!! SWEET LEW???!!!!Crown of Thorns (finally - I've waited 31 shows to hear that - thank you god).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 85
    Anyone have a full set list?
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 85
    FloydZoot wrote:
    Crown of Thorns, Rats, Bugs, the last time they will ever play Alive, Sweet Lew for Christ's sake. My God what a show

What do you mean the last time they will ever play alive....u have to be kidding? ...kind of like PJ saying 'you guys are the greatest fans ever'!!
  • Options
    as much fun as tonight was, I do hope that's not actually the last time they played alive. The honor of seeing it for the final time would be outweighed by, well, not being able to see it live ever again.
  • Options
    Crown of Thorns, Rats, Bugs, the last time they will ever play Alive, Sweet Lew for Christ's sake. My God what a show
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if there was ever a show to call EPIC, this would be that show. WOW, i feel bad for anybody not in the building. fucking sickest show EVER
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    When they came out dressed as Devo for Whip it for Halloween that capped off a great night for the greatest band in the world. Damn I'm spent.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    FloydZoot wrote:
    Damn I'm spent.

after last nights show, the hockey game today and tromping around the city, this final act, made my legs mush
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FloydZoot wrote:
    :?:
  • Options
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Ed cracking that whip hahaha it was so funny! :lol: Couldn't stop grinning through the whole song - loved it! Oh my god what a show. I'm speechless, spent. (And not sorry the Yankees won - didn't used to care but after a whole weekend of listening to 'Yankees suck', I'm saying okay 8-5 suck on THAT :twisted: )

I WALKED OUT WITH THAT WHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit the lottery, FRONT ROW CENTER 102, row 1, seat 8. Walked with the whip, RATS that a girl threw on stage and a pick!!!!!

Can't even describe it. No idea how the crowd was...I was the crowd for this show.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Let me start off by saying... I hit the Lottery! Front row, dead center. My friend got the little rats Eddie had on stage, he got the whip from Whip It, and a pick. We each got set lists, and I got Stone's hat from whip it. Mike gave us a wave during The End, got an up nod from Jeff... oh yea and not to mention Eddie looking at me during Yellow Ledbetter, and seeing my Navy shirt, said "Thank You Man" right to me in the middle of the song. I was floored. Couldnt gauge the crowd based on where we were sitting, but to me they sounded awesome.
    The songs they played... INfuckingcredible. I've been praying for some unknown reason to hear Bugs for so long. Never thought I'd hear it. They played it. Couldnt believe it. Rats, Sweet fucking Lew, Crown of Thorns. That show blew my mind. The night to end all nights and I hit the lottery.
    I dont know what to say really, usually I see these big long posts after someone hits the lottery. I cant even think straight right now. My throat is sore, I cant speak to save my life. We've got all these goodies i dont even know what to do with. Eddie fucking SPOKE to me... my mind is numb, and I didnt even have any nitrous tonight. I need to sleep or something. Or else I'm gonna go crazy. What a night. Thanks boys.
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    you gotta take whip it for what it was though. a goof. it was phenomenal in that respect
  • Options
    crickK409 wrote:

Are you kidding me? It was funny as hell, Mike, Jeff, and Eddie really hammed it up looked just like the Devo video
  • Options
    Let me start off by saying... I hit the Lottery! Front row, dead center. My friend got the little rats Eddie had on stage, he got the whip from Whip It, and a pick. We each got set lists, and I got Stone's hat from whip it. Mike gave us a wave during The End, got an up nod from Jeff... oh yea and not to mention Eddie looking at me during Yellow Ledbetter, and seeing my Navy shirt, said "Thank You Man" right to me in the middle of the song. I was floored. Couldnt gauge the crowd based on where we were sitting, but to me they sounded awesome.
    The songs they played... INfuckingcredible. I've been praying for some unknown reason to hear Bugs for so long. Never thought I'd hear it. They played it. Couldnt believe it. Rats, Sweet fucking Lew, Crown of Thorns. That show blew my mind. The night to end all nights and I hit the lottery.
    I dont know what to say really, usually I see these big long posts after someone hits the lottery. I cant even think straight right now. My throat is sore, I cant speak to save my life. We've got all these goodies i dont even know what to do with. Eddie fucking SPOKE to me... my mind is numb, and I didnt even have any nitrous tonight. I need to sleep or something. Or else I'm gonna go crazy. What a night. Thanks boys.

Those little rats were f'ing awesome!!!! Good job by your and your friend!!!
  • Options
    FloydZoot wrote:

I can't believe how many people screwed up this quote

Ed said "This is the last time we will play this LONG", before Alive. Not "song"
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT