When you try to sell your 10C over face value..

Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I received this today from "DAMIEN" on here, in regards to his thread for 10/30 tickets for sale from yesterday:

""Dont know if you were one of the people who emailed ten club the private message I sent but from what I was told a few people did . I sent that private message to 8 or 9 people who responded. They all were interested in taking the ticket,and thought it was a fair deal.Anyway if it was you or you know anyone who left a message on my thread who did it tell them thanks . Ten club took away my tickets last night and tonight cause of whoever it was that felt like being a childish tattle tale.I'm not saying you did it just giving you the info. Love the band,been in club since 93.Never did anything to screw anyone over on this forum and never would. I lost job and I'm facing eviction. The only reason I asked $200 was cause i'm in such a bad spot with $$$ and I wanted to cover my ticket,gas,parking,tolls for last night and tonight.This is a extremely scary time in my life and the only positive thing I was looking forward to was seeing the band tonight . So I know it was my fault since I asked for more then face value and this was the only time I've done so,but a real fan couldn't have gotten truly fucked over without the assistance of yourself or whoever decided to cry to the club. I could understand if I was asking $500 a tix but $200 to sit in the first 10 rows is not greed.Those tix go for 3 times more in other places. Hopefully next time you or whoever can do a little research and look at the members previous posts and then judge if they really deserve to have something like this happen.I drove to Philly from Long Island and had a ten club worker treat me like shit and take great pride in telling me "thanks for coming down","your not going to tonight's show and we're also taking away your tickets for Halloween"The Ten club employee was fucking smiling at me the whole time loving every second.It makes ya feel great when someone from a group you have always fully supported and care about treat you like the biggest piece of shit on the planet. So thanks to whoever for telling on me .Good job, hope this comes back to whoever it was who took the time to email them a PRIVATE MESSAGE from me !"

Hopefully it's lesson learned and someone deserving got those tickets. I know I ended up not getting any last night after trying for over 2 hours outside the Spectrum. Was weird to be right outside and then have to walk away empty handed for the first time ever, and then knowing that something like this happened and they possibly went to waste.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oddly enough me and my friend were in the same boat, outside the spectrum with no tickets. Until a great lady from the ten club came up to us and asked us if we were in the club and needed tickets. She said they caught a fan trying to scalp his tickets and they took them away from him. So we were able to buy them and go into the show (no damien don't worry they weren't yours) Thanks 10c
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Good. I'm glad your tickets were taken away.
    It clearly states that you can NOT sell for over face value.
    This has been an on going rule for as many years as I've been a member.

Next time you'll think twice. You're just lucky they didn't take away your membership.
  • if you're in such a bad spot with money you shouldnt be buying tickets to rock concerts. as usual, someone who feels they're entitled to do whatever and cries the blues when plans backfire. glad you lost your tickets, get your priorities straight. reason #1 why toronto was my only show this tour.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • if you're in such a bad spot with money you shouldnt be buying tickets to rock concerts. as usual, someone who feels they're entitled to do whatever and cries the blues when plans backfire. glad you lost your tickets, get your priorities straight. reason #1 why toronto was my only show this tour.

Same reason I'm only attending 2 of the Philly shows.
    I simply can not afford 4 shows with expenses.
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Oddly enough me and my friend were in the same boat, outside the spectrum with no tickets. Until a great lady from the ten club came up to us and asked us if we were in the club and needed tickets. She said they caught a fan trying to scalp his tickets and they took them away from him. So we were able to buy them and go into the show (no damien don't worry they weren't yours) Thanks 10c

Thats awesome. Wish I had that luck last night.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The only reason I asked $200 was cause i'm in such a bad spot with $$$ and I wanted to cover my ticket,gas,parking,tolls for last night and tonight.

then why exactly did you buy tix or even consider going? seriously, do people really think like this? it's a rock concert :roll:

oh and what thread was this guy's?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    you only lost tickets ?

did you loose your membership also ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    if you're in such a bad spot with money you shouldnt be buying tickets to rock concerts. as usual, someone who feels they're entitled to do whatever and cries the blues when plans backfire. glad you lost your tickets, get your priorities straight. reason #1 why toronto was my only show this tour.

Exactly. Chicago was my only show and that was a stretch. I have a kid and a pregnant wife. Pearl Jam is not my first priority.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    if you're in such a bad spot with money you shouldnt be buying tickets to rock concerts. as usual, someone who feels they're entitled to do whatever and cries the blues when plans backfire. glad you lost your tickets, get your priorities straight. reason #1 why toronto was my only show this tour.

exactly right. this is why we only went to ACL. was it tempting to buy tickets & go to another show? you bet it was. but we have other priorities.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • stotstot Posts: 207
    I'm glad my fellow members told on you.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • No one on this board is going to feel a drop of symapthy for you.
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • damiendamien Posts: 40
    bought tix before I lost my job .Didnt know there was gonna be a halloween show at the time. I know people told me I went about selling my tix wrong cause they do it other ways but that's cause I never did it before. Friend I was suppose to go with passed away and got stuck with an extra. I got fucked, made a mistake. Won't happen again. membership runs out next month and i'm done after the way the company treated me in person and on the phone.
    Randell's island 1,2-1996
    Ft Lauderdale-1996
    New Jersey-1998
    MSG 1,2-1998
    Jones beach 1,2,3-2000
    Nassau-2003
    msg 1,2-2003
    Boston-2004
    Kissimmee-2004
    Philly-2006
    New Jersey 2-2006
    MSG 1 , 2 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo 1,2-2008
    And since the person who started this thread posted one of my private messages I'm willing to bet he's the one who likes to rat and forward messages to the powers that be . Thanks !!
    Ft Lauderdale-1996
    New Jersey-1998
    MSG 1,2-1998
    Jones beach 1,2,3-2000
    Nassau-2003
    msg 1,2-2003
    Boston-2004
    Kissimmee-2004
    Philly-2006
    New Jersey 2-2006
    MSG 1 , 2 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo 1,2-2008
  • damien wrote:
    membership runs out next month and i'm done after the way the company treated me in person and on the phone.

You're lucky I don't work for the Ten Club and you didn't deal with me.
  • What is your fan club number? I want to know if I am going to get better seats next time around? It is simple and basic rules to follow. Sorry you lost your job and everything buy for like the less than $50 buck difference it just doesn't seem worth it.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Saying you made a mistake, are accepting the consequences, and that you are not renewing your membership for being unjustly treated in your opinion....That's taking the high road

Interjecting a sob story at all opportunities, trying to squeeze out any ounce of sympathy from us, and trying to rationalize what happened, even after you already admitted you were in the wrong....pretty lame
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • damien wrote:
    And since the person who started this thread posted one of my private messages I'm willing to bet he's the one who likes to rat and forward messages to the powers that be . Thanks !!

you're the fucking idiot that tried to sell 10c seats over face on THE TEN CLUB message board. you did it to yourself, dbag.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    damien wrote:
    bought tix before I lost my job .Didnt know there was gonna be a halloween show at the time. I know people told me I went about selling my tix wrong cause they do it other ways but that's cause I never did it before. Friend I was suppose to go with passed away and got stuck with an extra. I got fucked, made a mistake. Won't happen again. membership runs out next month and i'm done after the way the company treated me in person and on the phone.

shouldn't the reason you are not renewing your membership be because you are having finacial problems and not because you have a problem with Ten Club itself?
    Just the facts . I'm not looking for sympathy but I know a lot of people on this website don't go out of their way to be a rat and those people realize I got fucked.Probably by someone who wasn't even gonna go to the show. . When I told a few people about my situation yesterday they all said the same thing. I should know better because a large number of people on this site love to act like their in elementary school and cry over everything . They also said they didn't feel I was being greedy cause of seat location. I did it I except responsibility and I really didn't expect people to express interest in my tix, and then go tell on me when they figured I wasn't gonna sell it to them. Low class. If whoever snitched on me was ever cast in a mob show you wouldn't make it past the pilot episode. Ya rat fuck. What goes around comes around.
    Ft Lauderdale-1996
    New Jersey-1998
    MSG 1,2-1998
    Jones beach 1,2,3-2000
    Nassau-2003
    msg 1,2-2003
    Boston-2004
    Kissimmee-2004
    Philly-2006
    New Jersey 2-2006
    MSG 1 , 2 2008