Pearl Jam back to Philly?

unthought12unthought12 Posts: 64
edited October 2009 in The Porch
If PJ were to ever come back to Philly, which they'd better, where would they play? The Wachovia Center? It's not nearly as intimate as the Spectrum, but it would have to do. Any other venues in the area?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the outer center in Camden across the river is one place they love.
    That's right, I forgot about Camden. I've never seen a show there, how is it?
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    :shock:
    oh c'mon still have 2 more shows, you're getting almost all the songs and you want them again, leave something for the rest of the world!!! :?
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • :shock:
    oh c'mon still have 2 more shows, you're getting almost all the songs and you want them again, leave something for the rest of the world!!! :?
    Nope, sorry. I wanna see them in the area on an annual basis. :D
  • agfyagfy Posts: 133
    diddly12 wrote:
    :shock:
    Nope, sorry. I wanna see them in the area on an annual basis. :D
    YES YES YES!!!! GIVE MORE ME PJ!!!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE PHILLY!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    " I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • diddly12 wrote:
    the outer center in Camden across the river is one place they love.

A great venue, they always seem to put on an extra special show when there.

If going your best bet is staying in downtown Philadelphia and taking the ferry across the river to the venue.

But be ready for a long line at concerts end, and assholes who cut line.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Why is this even a question? They play Camden just about every tour.
  • :shock:
    +1..we are here too u know ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

local radio people were talking to jeff ament and he said he hates playing the tweeter/susquehanna/e/blockbuster entertainment center. i don't blame him, i hate seeing shows at that place.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    diddly12 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Camden or the venue. Aside from the fact that it's a mess traffic-wise to get in and out, the venue doesn't feel as intimate as an enclosed place like Wachovia Center. The crowd is smeared towards the back and out, as opposed to up the sides and around, and a good portion of seats are on the lawn and feel detached. It just feels a little off to me as a participant in the crowd. The band seems to rock pretty hard there, and the Philly skyline is a beautiful thing to be able to see during the show but I'd take an enclosed arena like Wachovia over it any day.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    DeLukin wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Camden or the venue. Aside from the fact that it's a mess traffic-wise to get in and out, the venue doesn't feel as intimate as an enclosed place like Wachovia Center. The crowd is smeared towards the back and out, as opposed to up the sides and around, and a good portion of seats are on the lawn and feel detached. It just feels a little off to me as a participant in the crowd. The band seems to rock pretty hard there, and the Philly skyline is a beautiful thing to be able to see during the show but I'd take an enclosed arena like Wachovia over it any day.
    +1 to all of that
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    diddly12 wrote:

The venue itself is an average good amphitheater. Most of the parking is in parking lots every-other block away from the venue. In between those block are scrap iron lots which look like the war scene in Terminator.

There was a spot on a side road which the sign said parking was ok after 6pm. I asked the officer standing in the street who was supervising the people walking for the lots if it was ok... Here's the exact conversation:

Me: The sign over there says it's ok for me to park there. Is that ok?
    Officer: Do you know where you are?
    Me: Ummmm....
    Officer: You are in the crime capitol of the United States.
    Me: Oh... well, I can move....
    Officer: No, no, you can leave your car there. I just can't guarantee it'll be there when you get back.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10