What I should do in Philly...

SSS81SSS81 Posts: 174
edited October 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm going to be in Philly for the Saturday show and then fly out Sunday afternoon. What should I definately do while I'm there for a short time? I've never been there before.

Thanks.

S
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cheesesteaks #1 - both joints

Anything revolution related
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Dodge bullets?
  • Dodge bullets?

its in philly proper not camden.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art like rocky did. but don't do it drunk like i did hehe,

stay away from chickies and petes. horrible food and the crab fries aren't really crabs fries :lol::lol: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    metsfan wrote:
    run up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art like rocky did. but don't do it drunk like i did hehe,

stay away from chickies and petes. horrible food and the crab fries aren't really crabs fries :lol::lol: .

Pic of me at the steps of Philly Museum of Art last May;

2im2xj5.jpg

Go there, dont miss the Rocky statue at the left side of the Museum.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

Pic of me at the steps of Philly Museum of Art last May;

2im2xj5.jpg

Go there, dont miss the Rocky statue at the left side of the Museum.
    cool pic
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• We did Tony Luke's and Geno's for cheesesteaks. Both were very good.

Other then that, we pretty much just drank all day.
  • Many nice Asian massage parlors around the city,pick up a publication called The Citi Paper,they are all listed
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    You got "Independence National Historical Park" with Independence Hall and Liberty Bell, thats why I went to Philly, or was it the Rocky statue, I dont remember....

346u7ph.jpg
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• lelunelelune Posts: 15
    Hey, I'm not from Philly but I can suggest what we did on Wednesday... The Edgar Allen Poe historical site was interesting, quaint and didn't take too long. The Mutter museum was grotesque and awesome, if you like human deformities and old medical stuff you should check that out. Last time I was in town I saw the Rodin museum, which was great. If you're not the nerdy or artsy type though I don't know if my suggestions will help much ;)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Never been there before? Do a quick tour of the historical section. You can at least see the buildings and go see the Liberty Bell. It's free. Also, there is the Ben Franklin museum near the old post office. Thats free and worth the little walk. Swing by Betsy Ross's house and go into Christ Church. All this can be done in a few hours.

Otherwise just walk around, there is a ton of sculptures and art all over the city. It's a cool place. I live about 2 hours away ( w/no traffic haha)and I get there a few times a year for museums and what not.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    You can always spend time at AKA Music on 2nd Street between Market and Arch . Indie music store with good selectioon and a pretty good vinyl selection.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I love Philly.  This video is not 100% how I feel, but it does give you a good perspective.

Philadelphia - The Don'ts of Visiting Philadelphia - YouTube
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I love Philly.  This video is not 100% how I feel, but it does give you a good perspective.

Philadelphia - The Don'ts of Visiting Philadelphia - YouTube
    and if you only have one day, I recommend Center City and the historical district, even if you don't have time to actually visit any particular place, you can't help but feel the history of this city. And a soft pretzel is a must.  
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    Cheesesteak at Jim’s on South Street.