JERRY CANTRELL Interview: he talks about PJ LA shows

ravilloriasravillorias Posts: 459
edited October 2009 in The Porch
From grungereport.net

His appearence on PJ show was not planned at all :), though, fucking great !!! :D

The last gig I went to as a punter…
…was Pearl Jam in Los Angeles last week. I watched the whole show – took William [DuVall], he’d never seen them before. I was in the audience for the first half, but I got to go up and stand at the side of the stage and watch. So I’m watching the second encore and they do Hunger Strike, [Chris] Cornell was there – actually the whole of Soundgarden was there, Kim [Thayil], Ben [Shepherd] – and Matt [Cameron] of course was playing with Pearl Jam. So Chris got up and Temple of the Dog were together for a minute. They closed the show with Alive and I’m just sitting there having a good time when [Mike] McCready rolls over to me when it gets to the end solo, throws me his guitar and says ‘Solo in E!’ I’m like ‘What?’ ‘Just solo in E, dude!’ So I got to go out there and rock out with them too. We all did a bow together, fuckin’ Pearl Jam, Cornell and me. It was a cool moment, a really nice thing. I went from punter to performer pretty quick

Full article here:

http://grungereport.net/2009/10/28/jerry-cantrell-all-secrets-known-article/
-- rafa
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    thanks ! that was a cool night. i was front row right in front of stone. great night.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    edited October 2009
    Whoa, he said "the whole of Soundgarden" was in attendance that night? Add that to the pot of Soundgarden rumors...
    Post edited by Evolver on
  • Evolver wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa, he said "the whole of Soundgarden" was in attendance that night??? Add THAT to the pot of Soundgarden rumors, people!

Why would that lend any more credibility to the notion that they are getting together for a reunion tour? The guys from Soundgarden are friends with the guys in Pearl Jam. If your friends are playing in town, you generally go and see them. I'd like to believe the rumor as much as the next guy, but this just doesn't make me any more convinced.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    Great post - thanks
  • EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Evolver wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa, he said "the whole of Soundgarden" was in attendance that night??? Add THAT to the pot of Soundgarden rumors, people!

Why would that lend any more credibility to the notion that they are getting together for a reunion tour? The guys from Soundgarden are friends with the guys in Pearl Jam. If your friends are playing in town, you generally go and see them. I'd like to believe the rumor as much as the next guy, but this just doesn't make me any more convinced.

I understand that bands are friends with each other, but the vast majority of the time the only reason bands won't get back together is because of some long standing issue(s) that the members had with one another. Often times its one or more members who don't even want to be in the same room as the other guys. Just seems to me that while it doesn't say anything about a reunion tour (which I never said) it certainly is at least a positive piece of news, and yeah its circumstantial, but who cares! Is there anything wrong with adding fuel to the rumor mill?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the wolf wrote:
    thanks ! that was a cool night. i was front row right in front of stone. great night.

i was still in shock after hunger strike that i didn't even notice that jerry was there! :o

"solo in e!" :thumbup: :D
  • cool.
    man, i'd wish they'd colab again.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• norm wrote:
    i was still in shock after hunger strike that i didn't even notice that jerry was there! :o

WTF!!??? you did not notice??? :o
    norm wrote:
    "solo in e!" :thumbup: :D

hehhe... yes !! :mrgreen:
    -- rafa
  • The fact that Jerry mentioned ALL of Soundgarden was there really adds to the Soundgarden reunion rumors on tsis in my mind.
    Especially being that all but Cornell remain Seattle residents. Little chalk talk logistics meeting with all the PJ/SG boys, la tour industry people etc etc......i think so!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    ENTIRE OF SOUNDGARDEN!?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

WTF!!??? you did not notice??? :o

not immediately no...why would i? mike just gave him his guitar and i had a head in my way of mike so i to move to see him...but when i did... :shock: :mrgreen:
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    it was known on the night that the entire band was there, hence the HUGE renuion rumours for night 4
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    just for keeping the post alive... :roll:
    -- rafa
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    That was rad, thanks!
    Nature drunk and High
  • i was waiting for that ,,thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • and as always...fuck..MIKE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

yeah... indeed... mike fucking roooooooooooooooooocks !!!! :D
    -- rafa

yeah... indeed... mike fucking roooooooooooooooooocks !!!! :D
    hello to paris :D
  • That sounds exactly like the Jim Rome interview a couple weeks ago
    Gorge