Philadelphia/Tickets

vitovito Posts: 2,029
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Philly fans why are there so many people saying these shows are not even close to being sold out and thats without even selling the tickets behind the stage? All this talk about the greatest 4-night stand ever and not one show is sold-out? Is this true? If it is that is disgraceful and you should never put yourselves in the same category as Chicago, NY, Seattle or Boston when it comes to selling tickets.
ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    heeeeeeeeeeeeere we go....
  • vitovito Posts: 2,029
    Apparently it must be true since no Philly fans are responding? I guess if it is what can they really say? If I was a Philly fan and they know it's true they probably just want the embarrassment of this post to just go away! As for the person that suggested a compilation DVD of the 4 nights, who the hell wants to look at a stadium that's not full on such an historical occasion? Live at the GARDEN was STANDING ROOM ONLY every seat in the house was sold! Philly fans shameful, but from the way you treat your sports teams it's not surprising!
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008

• Well it doesnt help the fact that Comcast is releasing tickets on a daily basis for these shows. If it was sold out last week and this week hundreds of tickets are showing up online for purchase.
  • who cares? They're here. we're here, and we're all gonna have a good time
  • Last night it looked like maybe 25% of the 400 level was filled. They're not great seats, but not that bad considering the size of the venue. I was hoping to see the place packed to the rafters like it was for Springsteen. Definitely not a sell out last night.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • ra288388 wrote:
    who cares? They're here. we're here, and we're all gonna have a good time

Could not of said it better. I am off to enjoy night II. Enjoy watching the setlist Vito.
    Comcast maybe releasing tickets, but that doesn't explain that there are tickets available in every section! Reported from people that were there and there are tickets left for every night! Not to mention all the tickets they didn't even try to sell behind the stage. And don't tell me how big the Spectrum is because the UC is the biggest indoor arena in the country 22,000+ for concerts. The bottom line is all the talk and the Philly fans let the band down and have embarrassed themselves! These shows should be sold-out even without closing the Spectrum down! MSG, old Chicago Stadium, and old Boston Gardens would be scalping tix for $500.00+ if PJ was closing them down. Philly fans don't ever talk crap again about other cities when you can't back up your own! I will enjoy watching the setlist just like I enjoyed seeing them both nights at the UC! Again this is only being brought up because of all the crap Philly fans talk and actually even without that, this is still embarrassing!
    Lastly for the guy that tried to tell us all about 2 months ago that the Spectrum was one of the 5 greatest stdiums/arenas ever your still delusional!!
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,450
    all other shows are sold out . Last night being the 4th show and on a tuesday night was not - no worries - the weekend shows wll be packed .
    Your flat out lying I just pulled up 2 awesome tickets in section 218 row 11 for what is supposedly the hottest ticket in town on Halloween night which is a Saturday night!? There are plenty of tickets left for every night! Just admit your not even top 5 in the US for cities for PJ!
    1)NY
    2)CHICAGO
    3)BOSTON
    4)SEATTLE
    5)LA (and thats sad, but these shows would all be sold out even at Staples Center)
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008

• EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    vito wrote:
    Your flat out lying I just pulled up 2 awesome tickets in section 218 row 11 for what is supposedly the hottest ticket in town on Halloween night which is a Saturday night!? There are plenty of tickets left for every night! Just admit your not even top 5 in the US for cities for PJ!
    1)NY
    2)CHICAGO
    3)BOSTON
    4)SEATTLE
    5)LA (and thats sad, but these shows would all be sold out even at Staples Center)

The fact that you just pulled up tix only means that for one reason or another, Comcast has been holding on to tickets, possibly because they hold on to some pending the stage set up, or who knows why...but after you pulled those tickets, try back in 10 or 15 min, as I'll be they are no longer there. They are randomly putting them up for sale, and they don't last. Plus in this situation, EVERYBODY has been all about the Halloween show who can drop the cash and go all 4 nights, making the others less desireable in comparison (unless you are one of those with a bunch of extra disposable income, and there aren't that many as everyone's hurting for $$ these days). So in that regard you really can't make a fair ticket sales comparison to, lets say, 4 nights at the United Center, which isn't closing its doors forever on the last night of the tour on Halloween.
  • I tried to get tix for the Fri and Sat show for about 2 weeks and they were all sold out! So, Whatever dude. You can just keep hating. Its not gonna change a thing.
  • why does this bother you ? you're ranting is a lot of hot air, again, who cares? what Philly fans? I never read or heard anyone talking about the Spectrum shows like that. Has anyone else? I don't care if they're sold out, I'm gonna have a great time, in Philly, at the Spectrum, sold out or not!
  • vito wrote:
    1)NY
    2)CHICAGO
    3)BOSTON
    4)SEATTLE

The hottest ticket is actually Fridays show. All I've heard about from Comcast is behind the stage for that one...and floors at the back.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • vito wrote:
    Comcast maybe releasing tickets, but that doesn't explain that there are tickets available in every section! Reported from people that were there and there are tickets left for every night! Not to mention all the tickets they didn't even try to sell behind the stage. And don't tell me how big the Spectrum is because the UC is the biggest indoor arena in the country 22,000+ for concerts. The bottom line is all the talk and the Philly fans let the band down and have embarrassed themselves! These shows should be sold-out even without closing the Spectrum down! MSG, old Chicago Stadium, and old Boston Gardens would be scalping tix for $500.00+ if PJ was closing them down. Philly fans don't ever talk crap again about other cities when you can't back up your own! I will enjoy watching the setlist just like I enjoyed seeing them both nights at the UC! Again this is only being brought up because of all the crap Philly fans talk and actually even without that, this is still embarrassing!
    Lastly for the guy that tried to tell us all about 2 months ago that the Spectrum was one of the 5 greatest stdiums/arenas ever your still delusional!!

Why do you feel the need to come here and make such inflammatory and inane posts? I don't think anyone is letting the band down here by not selling out the arena on a Tuesday night. This show was added after the initial shows, so it was icing on the cake anyway. I'm fairly certain Philadelphia didn't have a city council meeting and vote to call out vito. There's really no need to make completely baseless claims, saying fans from Philadelphia have let the band down or embarrassed themselves. They haven't. Come Friday and Saturday the place will be packed to standing room only and then some. I think you would have a similar situation at MSG or old Chicago Stadium. If a band is playing 4 dates in one venue, the Tuesday show is never going to sell as well as the Friday and Saturday shows. Get over yourself.

And I'm not even from Philadelphia.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • thankyou very much, well said
    I'm not bringing this up for any other reason then Philly fans connstantly giving fans from Chicago, Boston and NY crap all the time that Philly is this and Philly is that w/ regards to PJ! And don't try to pretend that it's limited to a few delusional fans or that you have no idea what I'm talking about. But, forget all that all we have been hearing during every set-list watch is wait til' they get to Philly and blah, blah, blah. Your fans talk more bs then any other fan base and then you can't sellout 1 show. Now keep making exscuses cause' the first show was actually the last show and how it was on a Tuesday night again blah, blah, blah.
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004