Have an idea / Wishlist / Tenclub

RubberbandmanRubberbandman Posts: 439
edited October 2009 in The Porch
seeing that wishlist has fundraisers / pre parties in the cities pearl jam is performing to raise money etc

what about a pearl jam meet and greet fundraiser?
for example ten club / wishlist sell tickets to very special meet and greet with pearl jam and only a certain number of tickets are for purchase? prices obvioulsy would be up to the wishlist / tenclub, but i was thinking $500 a ticket should bring in a nice amount of money for a good cause

now go steal my idea :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not one person likes the idea? lol
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    I'd pay that! (and considering I would need to pay an airfare to the US, that's saying something!!) - Actually, in all seriousness, I think that's a good fundraising idea, but not sure what the price would realistically be for something that awesome? :)
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    Cost should be about 5 times that...but a good idea nonetheless. Anything to raise money for charity is good...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • i like that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    seeing that wishlist has fundraisers / pre parties in the cities pearl jam is performing to raise money etc

what about a pearl jam meet and greet fundraiser?
    for example ten club / wishlist sell tickets to very special meet and greet with pearl jam and only a certain number of tickets are for purchase? prices obvioulsy would be up to the wishlist / tenclub, but i was thinking $500 a ticket should bring in a nice amount of money for a good cause

now go steal my idea :P

Wishlist has done this with Mike at the annual Flight To Mars benefit shows, they even got a fan playing on stage with him this year. But no a chance for a whole band meet and greet at PJ shows with all the nut cases out there.
  • whatever the price, i think it would be a great idea
    i dont think pearl jam would kill there fans on the price tag
  • i dont mind to pay some extra if there is a good cause...they should do it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Great idea. Hope it happens!
    PJ: 07-16-06 ; 08-28-09 ; 10-23-10 ; 11-26-13 ; 05-13-24
    EV: 04-08-08 ; 07-05-11
    Mike: 07-07-11 ; 05-20-12
    Soundgarden: 07-21-11

10C #271XXX
    Since 2002
  • They should do it for 10club members only on the next leg of the tour. $200 person, includes VIP laminate, ur 10c ticket, admission to sound check, $5 discount card for 10c merch, line-free merch sales and meet and greet the band w/ one personal item signed by each member. Rob Zombie is doing this on his current tour.
    Anything over $250 per person is too much.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    to many ed stalkers in the fanbase for this to ever happen
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    to many ed stalkers in the fanbase for this to ever happen
    Why? Security would shuffle them along as the guys stayed behind a table.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Paying to meet the band is kind of creepy. Should they really be bought?
  • Incubus does something like this. They auction 25 pairs of tickets to each show. You get to meet the band before the show, get a picture with them, and then get early admission to the show. Most of their shows are GA, so this amounts to nearly front row tickets. All of the money goes to their foundation. I think its a good idea. A pair usually goes from $150 - $400.

For PJ, I think the prices for an auction would go way higher. If I remember correctly someone paid $40k to have dinner with Stone in S.F. on the 2006 tour. Also, I wonder about the stalker factor.