Whatever happened to the quit smoking thread?

Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I did a search, and couldn't find anything on it, but there used to be a quit smoking thread on here.

I'm sorta kinda in the middle of quitting smoking. In the last 27 days I've only had 1 cigarette. Although....I did replace cigs with dip/smokeless tobacco/wet snuff depending on where you live, it is called different things.

Anyway, come Nov 1st, my plan is to be off of that as well, and I was wanting to find the thread, so I can read other people's experiences on quitting.

Right now my biggest cravings come from when I drink, and yeah, I probably should cut back on the amount of alcohol I drink too.....but to many changes at one time can make a man go CRAZY I tell ya.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It went out and bought a pack of Camel Lights.

Sorry. :(
    NERDS!
  • 5 days and counting for me. I have quit for 1-2 weeks many times before... but this is it. My baby boy is going to be old enough to remember me smoking here fairly soon. I have to break the cycle of smoking in my family.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So I did a search, and couldn't find anything on it, but there used to be a quit smoking thread on here.

I'm sorta kinda in the middle of quitting smoking. In the last 27 days I've only had 1 cigarette. Although....I did replace cigs with dip/smokeless tobacco/wet snuff depending on where you live, it is called different things.

Anyway, come Nov 1st, my plan is to be off of that as well, and I was wanting to find the thread, so I can read other people's experiences on quitting.

Right now my biggest cravings come from when I drink, and yeah, I probably should cut back on the amount of alcohol I drink too.....but to many changes at one time can make a man go CRAZY I tell ya.

dude, get off the dip right away. I'm serious. I have dipped for quite a while now, and I would give anything to be able to quit. :(
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I'm planning on this pack being my last. I finished a pack on monday, but there's too much going on this week for me to quit now. Come fruday though, it's on.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    good luck to anyone trying to quit smoking
    I quit almost 3yrs ago & it is definitely the best thing I've ever done for myself
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    It went out and bought a pack of Camel Lights.

Sorry. :(
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I'm planning on this pack being my last. I finished a pack on monday, but there's too much going on this week for me to quit now. Come fruday though, it's on.

I have said this many times before as well. There is ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING going on!! You cant let that stop you! If you WANT to quit, do it now! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12

I have said this many times before as well. There is ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING going on!! You cant let that stop you! If you WANT to quit, do it now! ;-)

cant bring myself to toss a perfectly good pack. plus i find out if i passed the bar exam friday morning and then get sent outta work in the morn to start celebrating... and i know if i start drinking at 10am ill be wanting a smoke in no time! so if i quit now, it'll end friday. better to just nurse this pack, finish it friday, and then let the nasty hangover block out cravings on day one ;)
  • "if I stop smoking then I'll be able to TASTE things again which means I'll have to give up eating ass, and I just can't quit both at once" - Doug Stanhope
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    the wolf wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

dude, get off the dip right away. I'm serious. I have dipped for quite a while now, and I would give anything to be able to quit. :(

Yeah....I wish I never started doing dip, but I will admit that it helped me get off cigs, so now, on Sunday I'll see how it goes.

As it stands right now, I get a little sick to my stomach when I smell cigarette smoke, so I'm pretty confident that I wont relapse to cigs, now if I can just get off the snuff! :)
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
    DinghyDog wrote:
    isn't the threat of lung cancer and suffocating to death from emphysema enought?
    no. those are just a few years off the crappy part of your life anyway.

i ran out last night, so today it starts.

holy shit, am i hungover.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    same here
    im looking for the quiting smoking thread.
    its been 2 days, no smoking.
    its not so bad.
    i am trying really hard.

let's just say it isnt frickin easy.
    my dr. told me i could get off of heroin easier than i can cigarettes.
    i agreed fully.

so... where's the plunger? ;)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    do you folks know what i wanna do today?
    i wanna smoke cigars.
    but i cannot.
    i quit smoking 3 days ago.
    @ this point it's either live or die.
    i am choosing... breathing.

but i really want a cigar.
    :think:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:
    do you folks know what i wanna do today?
    i wanna smoke cigars.
    but i cannot.
    i quit smoking 3 days ago.
    @ this point it's either live or die.
    i am choosing... breathing.

but i really want a cigar.
    :think:

Feel free to send me your full humidor. And people say I'm not a good helper.
  • florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    We quit the day we returned from the PJ show in Vienna 06.

Have saved nearly $8,000.00 figuring a pack a day total for us.
    Just keep trying to quit. Took us a long time to make it stick.
    Hard to do but not impossible.
    Hold On
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I have not had a smoke in 5 days . I was a 2 pack a day smoker. not using a patch or anything but a friend gave me a book called the easyway to stop smoking. I found the book to be great. its was written by a 4 pack a day smoker who just one day stopped smoking and has not had one in many many years.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'd head everybody quit.

good luck to those that are trying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

cant bring myself to toss a perfectly good pack. )

i went out new years eve with the gf. we were sitting at the bar drinking, smoking, having a good time. just before midnight, i lit up my last one, enjoyed it, got up and left the bar with the cigs sitting there. i'm sure somebody enjoyed them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:

cant bring myself to toss a perfectly good pack. )

i went out new years eve with the gf. we were sitting at the bar drinking, smoking, having a good time. just before midnight, i lit up my last one, enjoyed it, got up and left the bar with the cigs sitting there. i'm sure somebody enjoyed them.

that is almost the same thing with me except i just bought a new pack and realized that i didn't want to smoke anymore and just gave the whole pack to a co-worker. he finished the pack that same day just like i would have done too.