Tom Tomorrow...I Can Just See It Now

edited October 2009 in The Porch
all four posters will have to be put together to make one large piece.......of junk...Klausen's posters are so much better than Tomorrow's or AMES this tour so far....bummer........virtually all the Ames prints still available on their site while Brad's sell out in moments...shit, fuck, shit...... :cry::cry::cry:

I really hope I am wrong about this...................
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• all four posters will have to be put together to make one large piece.......of junk...Klausen's posters are so much better than Tomorrow's or AMES this tour so far....bummer........virtually all the Ames prints still available on their site while Brad's sell out in moments...shit, fuck, shit...... :cry::cry::cry:

I really hope I am wrong about this...................

I hope your wrong too. But according to rumor, you my friend, are right.... :cry:
  • you're an idiot. the poster was awesome tonight. batman...dr j...frankenstein...cmon
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • I thought tonights superheroes was incredible - Johnny Ramone by Frankenstein - I love it. IMO
    BK is too gloom and doom for today and Ames have been off pretty much the last few tours. Not a big grafitti art fan but nice to see Munk getting a shot too. Everyone has different tastes and that makes the posters interesting.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Alright, going to say something here.

I am sick and tired of people BITCHING about posters! Why? Because from what I can tell, the people bitching the most aren't actually at the show.

And THAT is what they are meant for. Not to buy as an investment to sell 3, 5, 10 years later for insane profit. They are meant to be an individual, unique piece of art for each show.

Now yes, I'll admit I've fed into the machine myself, buying posters on eBay to shows I haven't been too because I like the art, but lets be honest here. I'd be willing to bet that 35-45% of the people buying Klausen prints when they go up for sale are doing it with the intent to sell it later, and not because they like it.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Thorns2010 wrote:

I am sick and tired of people BITCHING about posters! Why? Because from what I can tell, the people bitching the most aren't actually at the show.

And THAT is what they are meant for. Not to buy as an investment to sell 3, 5, 10 years later for insane profit. They are meant to be an individual, unique piece of art for each show.

Now yes, I'll admit I've fed into the machine myself, buying posters on eBay to shows I haven't been too because I like the art, but lets be honest here. I'd be willing to bet that 35-45% of the people buying Klausen prints when they go up for sale are doing it with the intent to sell it later, and not because they like it.

And what do we know about art? EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION.

I'll agree, this thread sucks.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the date specific shirt also had the same image from the Posters , but no team shirts ?

The superheroes poster kicks ass !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    jimed14 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

And what do we know about art? EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION.

I'll agree, this thread sucks.

Maybe I didn't say it in the manner that my mind is thinking, but the poster from each show is meant for the people that actually went to the show, as a reminder of a kick ass time.

So when people come along and say 'Man so and so poster sucks' and they weren't even there, well it annoys me a little bit. Because in my mind, my opinion, a big motivation for others to critique posters from shows they didn't go to, is because they want to know how much money they can make off of said poster.

And reading again what you said, maybe you are seeing it like I do......I dunno, I've had a couple of drinks tonight, so bare with me! :mrgreen:
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

I'm almost with you but cant completely grasp what you're saying her. I do agree, posters are for those who went to the show. But more power to the people who flip them (Speedy). I, on the otherhand, only buy posters to the shows I got to, regaurdless of the art. Im too dumb to set up an ebay account... I was at the SD show and said, outloud, "whata shit ugly poster". I still bought it.... It will be on my wall come christmas no doubt. Its all a matter of opinion, cause I thought tonights poster was ugly as hell. Had I went to the show, it would still be matted and on my wall for sure. Maybe in my guest bathroom though....