Tommy GuitarTommy Guitar Posts: 134
edited October 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
:)
DUBLIN~~22-6-10
BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• As far as I can tell, he switches between a Fender Showman that's played through a Savage 2x12 cab and a Matchless top that goes into a Marshall 4x12 cab. But given that he changes his amps a lot and I haven't seen them since Berlin, he could have switched to something else by now. Maybe someone else can give you some more recent info.
  • He's pretty much got the same board that is on giventowail (most recent) but he's added the whammy pedal back on.

*Edit* Didn't read the amp part, haha. I think he's got a hiwatt or a savage, too.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Really? I've seen him with a Hiwatt cab, but never with a top. Do you know when he used that?
  • Really? I've seen him with a Hiwatt cab, but never with a top. Do you know when he used that?
    Negative. I just remember seeing a picture of it. I think the picture is even on the website, I'd have to check. We discussed it a little while ago but I cannot remember what type. Part of me wants to say a Vox but I'm positive that was Stone, now that I think about it.

http://www.pearljam.com/photo/080809-calgary-ab-07

There's the picture of Mike's Savage and I think the red top is also a Savage but I could be mistaken.
  • Looks like a Savage (maybe a Blitz 50) combo and a Savage Head.
  • You're right. that's a savage head. But I'd still say the other one is not a combo but just a cab for the Fender. Because otherwise the Fender top would be kind of pointless...
  • He used a Savage in 2000. I saw some videos on youtube with him using it.