For those lucky enough to go to Philly

iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Posts: 443
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I hope you all have the time of your lives and appreciate the fact that you are getting the chance to see our favorite band live.

I had plans to go to the Friday and Saturday shows and 2 other board members had been very cool and very flexible with helping me get tickets to each show. But as of this morning, I found out that I have a work engagement on Friday that I simply cannot get out of and I can't afford to change my plane ticket this late in the game. So I have been forced to cancel my trip to Philly altogether.

I am gutted...

I am also deeply sorry to the aforementioned board members that helped me with tickets. I reached out to both and let them know that I had to back out, but consider this another public apology. I feel awful about bailing out on them just days before the shows, but I honestly have no choice.

My point is that for those of you that do get to go, please appreciate whatever it is you get. Whether you get a poster, a special Philly tshirt, good seats to the show, shitty seats to the show, rarities in the setlist or the worst setlist ever, whether Bruce Springsteen shows up or not, I hope you realize that there are people out here that would kill to be able to sit in the worst seat in the house and just be part of the experience. So I hope the almost inevitable bellyaching is kept to a minimum.

For yourselves and for those of us that can't go, enjoy the shows everyone!!!
Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dl152203dl152203 Posts: 212
    I live in Philly and have gone as far as Germany to see our favorite band. Please know that I am unbelievably grateful for these four shows, 15 blocks from home. I hope that everyone gets to enjoy 4 shows in their own city at some point in the future. Today is like Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, the first time I got laid all wrapped into one. I feel blessed to live in Philadelphia, this week at least. Good luck for next summer.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    tis my only 2 pearl jam shows in 2009 so HELL YES i am grateful!

sorry about your plans falling through, that hurts!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I think that I am going to make it Saturday, one plan left to finalize and I will be in Philly on Halloween!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.