Halloween show. Dear Philadelphia....

ShimunoodShimunood Posts: 5
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Hi. I'm from NY and I'll be driving to Philly for the Halloween show with my best friend. We're totally psyched for the concert. However, I realize I am driving deep into enemy territory with NY plates on the day of Game 3 of the World Series. I am beginning to get paranoid visions of my car in flames, torched by an angry mob of Phillies fans. I assure you, though, that I have no baseball (or even sports in general) affiliations at all. I am only here for the show. So if you see a tan VW Passat wagon in the lot with PJ signs in the window... don't automatically assume it belongs to a Yankee fan. I'll come to town early, probably grab a bite, maybe see some sights, then watch PJ rock the fuck out of the Spectrum. I hear it's a great little town and it'll be my first time there. Thanks folks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Buy some phillies stickers and you will keep your car safe.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Buy a phillies sticker or something and put it in your window. You'll be fine don't worry in :D less were down 3-0 some how some way. But thats not possible so don't worry.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Your brave giving your make n model

I'm borrowing my Moms (blank) (Blank) for the shows....and I'm a Yankee fan ;)
  • Hahahaha, I am a little worried myself even though I have CT plates. It would SERIOUSLY suck since I am an Eagles fan and absolutely HATE the Stankees with a passion....actually I am a Mets fans rooting for the Phils....crazy, huh?
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
    goldzepp wrote:
    Hahahaha, I am a little worried myself even though I have CT plates. It would SERIOUSLY suck since I am an Eagles fan and absolutely HATE the Stankees with a passion....actually I am a Mets fans rooting for the Phils....crazy, huh?

I've seen a few of you saying that(Mets Fans rootin for Phils)....all the power in the world to u

But, didn't the Phils majorly show u guys up, and rub your faces into their title.Utley had some nice remarks too.If you guys were playin the Sox in the series like '86, I'd be pullin for my city

to each his own
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    as long as you don't have any mets stuff on your car you will be fine.

philly fans can be idiots, but the majority of us are cool. If you come to town acting like an idiot and looking for trouble, chances are you won't have trouble finding it.

Come down, be cool, and enjoy the party atmosphere and the shows. It's gonna be a great week!!
  • Shimunood wrote:
    Hi. I'm from NY and I'll be driving to Philly for the Halloween show with my best friend. We're totally psyched for the concert. However, I realize I am driving deep into enemy territory with NY plates on the day of Game 3 of the World Series. I am beginning to get paranoid visions of my car in flames, torched by an angry mob of Phillies fans. I assure you, though, that I have no baseball (or even sports in general) affiliations at all. I am only here for the show. So if you see a tan VW Passat wagon in the lot with PJ signs in the window... don't automatically assume it belongs to a Yankee fan. I'll come to town early, probably grab a bite, maybe see some sights, then watch PJ rock the fuck out of the Spectrum. I hear it's a great little town and it'll be my first time there. Thanks folks.

Oh come on dude. No one is going to trash you car.

And besides, anyone who is going to trash your car isn't going to see this plea you've made on pearljam.com anyway
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    goldzepp wrote:
    Hahahaha, I am a little worried myself even though I have CT plates. It would SERIOUSLY suck since I am an Eagles fan and absolutely HATE the Stankees with a passion....actually I am a Mets fans rooting for the Phils....crazy, huh?

I've seen a few of you saying that(Mets Fans rootin for Phils)....all the power in the world to u

But, didn't the Phils majorly show u guys up, and rub your faces into their title.Utley had some nice remarks too.If you guys were playin the Sox in the series like '86, I'd be pullin for my city

to each his own

Trust me, it isn't easy to root for them. It shows just how much I LOATH the Stankees. Plus, the way I figure it, I am slightly removed from the Philadelphia fan for the most part. If the Stankees win I will have to hear it from WAY too many people for the next year.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
    I hear ya, it isnt easy rootin for the Mets.But, I dont see you guys as rivals. Even though we play every year, those games are overhyped and a way for vendors to make money. Yes, there is 2000. Dont worry no one coulda beat us then.

Like I said...The Phils hate your asses. Mets need to get angry. Let me see your GRRRRR faces
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Dude, you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure you've heard that we're nuts here, which we are at times, but you'll be fine - snowballs being thrown at Santa happened over 40 years ago. Yeah, I think you'll be okay.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    This is kind of obnoxious.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    BG122367 wrote:
    Buy some phillies stickers and you will keep your car safe.

:lol::lol::lol:

BRILLIANT!!

I think I'm gonna need to do the same thing!! ...except my plates are VA.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • No matter how much i love this city i have to admit that a mob mentality reigns supreme here. If a bunch of assholes managed to kill a guy (no disrespect intended) then flipping/trashing a car isnt out of the question. Park in the wachovia lots and i doubt you'll have much of a problem. The lot for the Linc is another story...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I have NY plates, but a Buffalo Sabres plate holder and a Bills magnet. I couldnt hate the Yankees more. I hope my car doesnt get attacked!
    • Shimunood wrote:

Hilarious! :lol: I do agree with the phillies sticker idea (which you can take off on the shoulder of 95 North once out of the city)...Otherwise, If the yanks win across the street Saturday night, you will have a target on your back side! :lol:
    • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
      wow im a complete idiot. this whole time i was reading this i was thinking to myself the same could happen to me.... then i go and look at my car out the window and look at my JERSEY plates.
      5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
      8/7/08, 6/9/09
    • BronyBrony Posts: 631
      quote]

Oh come on dude. No one is going to trash you car.

And besides, anyone who is going to trash your car isn't going to see this plea you've made on pearljam.com anyway[/quote]

/forums!!
    • BronyBrony Posts: 631
      Buy a phillies sticker or something and put it in your window. You'll be fine don't worry in :D less were down 3-0 some how some way. But thats not possible so don't worry.
      not possible? now theres a good joke
    • Bag ~O~ Pussy's
      Tour with fucking NOFX
    • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
      Oh, geez ... just make sure there is a PJ sticker or two prominently displayed. Just pledge your allegiance to Pearl Jam and everything will be okay. The faithfull will protect you. (I think.)
      "Information is not knowledge.
      Knowledge is not wisdom.
      Wisdom is not truth.
      Truth is not beauty.
      Beauty is not love.
      Love is not music.
      Music is the best."
      ~ FZ ~
    • I love sports, however I hate when assholes inject sports rivalries into non sports related things (never mind the fact that Phillies/Yankees is not a rivalry as they almost never play each other, so reasonably there should be no animosity). There will undoubtedly however be douchebags who take some shit too far. We live in a sad state of civil interaction when this is an issue. Anyway, the Yankees are clearly the superior team anyway. ;)
      "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
    • as an avid philly sports fan, i can tell you phillies fans are much more mellow than eagles fans. most of the bad things that happen, happen at eagles games.

don't worry about your car.

if you're wearing yankees gear, beware though.
      Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
      And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
      Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
      But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
      as an avid philly sports fan, i can tell you phillies fans are much more mellow than eagles fans. most of the bad things that happen, happen at eagles games.

don't worry about your car.

if you're wearing yankees gear, beware though.

Nothing to worry bout people...Andy Reid's pride n joy(s) wont be joining us.
    • I would put a Phillies hat or sticker in the back window. Also, if you have any magnets on your car of any team or school or anything, they will be stolen... Also do not wear anything Yankees. That is just asking for it.
    • Thanks everybody! I know pleading for humanity here is preaching to the choir. I know PJ fans won't care at all and respect that we're there to enjoy the same thing and won't mess with my ride. It was a quick, crazy thing I flashed on and I thought people here would have cool, funny, cautionary, or similarly minded comments. You did. :D

In the end we may take my buddy's VW bus. Which is a cool way to ride to the show and tailgate, and which has NJ plates. Though I will advise him against wearing a Yankee shirt. He doesn't care about sports either and just thought he needed to represent NYC.