EDDIE VEDDER IS A YANKEE FAN!

bigblokebigbloke Posts: 10
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Just saw a recent interview with Eddie expressing his love for the New York Yankees! Sorry Philly.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah well he loves baseball in general I think

Cubs, White Sox, Red Sox. maybe a Yank fan.

overall though he's a Cubs fan
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    nah... rootin for philly. buddies with raul
  • JedJed Posts: 1,177
    where was the interview?
  • JC29856 wrote:

just cause he's friends with a baseball player doesn't make him a fan of that team...he had a friend on the whitesox...even sported a whitesox hat...still prefers the cubs over the whitesox
  • bigbloke wrote:
    Sorry Philly.

As if any of us care what baseball team some dude from Chicago likes.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 wrote:

just cause he's friends with a baseball player doesn't make him a fan of that team...he had a friend on the whitesox...even sported a whitesox hat...still prefers the cubs over the whitesox

said "rootin" for not "fan" of
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    i've heard that eddie and a-rod were pretty tight.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • JC29856 wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:

said "rootin" for not "fan" of

good point...my appologies
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    bigbloke wrote:
    Sorry Philly.

As if any of us care what baseball team some dude from Chicago likes.
    Easy buddy! I'm another Chicagoan hoping the Yanks wipe the floor with the Phillys!! Yanks in as many days as pj is playing...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • DPrival78 wrote:

Uh oh... better not tell Jeter....

arodjetergrab.jpg
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • DPrival78 wrote:

arodjetergrab.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • skidmanskidman Posts: 66
    F the effing skankees. Go Philly.
    Now bring me my beer.
  • I knew he was a smart man
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Nice, Eddie's a fan of the Evil Empire! The dark side's always more fun anyway.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    DPrival78 wrote:

arodjetergrab.jpg

nothing like some good ol' team chemistry!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • DPrival78 wrote:

arodjetergrab.jpg

even as a Yankee fan i'm loving this picture haha
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Hats off to the Yankees fans last night !!! There was a real solid "Lets Go Yankees" chant in the back where I was ! After having to sit through Wednesday nights game watching the fans go nuts every time they brought that sing on stage, glad didnt have to go through that again. They brought the sign out when it was 3 - 0 Phils, but never again , they missed the opportunity when it was Yanks 4-3, 5-3, .......... and 8 - 4 !!
  • I'm almost 100% sure Ed is a Cubs fan, and a Cub's fan only! There was actually a pic out there somewhere where Ed was all dolled up in a Cubs uni from head-to-toe about to do a Cubs fantasy day. Plus forget all the numerous times he's sung Take Me Out To The Ball Game at the 7th inning of the Cubs games. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited November 2009
    Why would anyone from Chicago root for the Yankees?.. We don't root for winning teams!!!
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    ed is a fan of any team that gets him on the field for bp or anything free haha
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    The Yankees epitomize everything that is wrong with MLB.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    He was at the game last night, wearing a Phillies hat and keeping score (pencil and paper style).
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:
    He was at the game last night, wearing a Phillies hat and keeping score (pencil and paper style).

Indeed. I met him at the hotel he is staying at coming toward the elevator as I was walking out. Phils hat on. I almost didn't recognize him because of it.

He gave me an 'EV' guitar pick and was super nice. I was so starstruck that I failed to introduce my lovely fiancee, who just stood there basically speechless. Haha.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Smellyman wrote:
    The Yankees epitomize everything that is wrong with MLB.
    Interesting.

I guess because they have the most money everyone loves to hate them. That's understandable.

But to say that they're all that's wrong with baseball is ludicrous. The Yankees' history basically defined baseball throughout the 20th century, and they continue to be the classiest team and have winning seasons even through controversy and the overbearing New York media. I also just don't understand the argument that they "buy championships". Every fucking team buys championships, you're supposed to use the money you have to build a better team. If you have the opportunity to sign Mark Teixiera and CC Sabathia you'd be absolutely out of your mind not to take advantage of it. Plus there's a new team chemistry this year that was lacking throughout much of this decade; they're playing like the '90s Yankee championship teams, where every player was part of the puzzle and there wasn't an over-emphasis on one or two players.
  • tcaporale wrote:
    there wasn't an over-emphasis on one or two players.

*cough*UtleyandHoward*cough*
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    that is awesome.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i think it's common knowledge around here that eddie is the biggest front runner there is.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I thought he was a Cubs fan but just like to kiss up to the crowd/audience at whatever city PJ plays in. ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Yeah, that's why anytime the Yanks were beating the Phils the scrorecard girl was mysteriously absent from the stage, especially on Halloween.

He likes to come to Philly and blow smoke.

He was probably afraid people would set the stage, or the building for that matter, on fire.