Perth Nov 14 2009: First song of Aussie tour.

Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I'm going to really suck and put in a request that I'd love to be considered if possible.

Please open your Aussie tour with 'Of The Girl' in Perth on Nov 14.

So far Pearl Jam's Perth shows have started with:

1995: Oceans
1998: Sometimes & Long Road (two shows)
2003: Long Road
2006: Go

I've loved 'Of The Girl' as an opener since buying the Boise Idaho 2000 bootleg. What am amazing version they did that night. If at all possible...

And also If any of the band want to use me for target practise for picks, harmonicas, drumsticks, tamborines, set lists, the last gulb out of wine bottles... I'll be the guy down the front with the white LA4 PJ Lakers t-shirt on. ;)

Peace! See you all at Member's Equity.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    I hope that you are correct, they opened with that in San Fran 1 06, was amazing. :D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Just to set the tempo for the entire tour....i WANT See My Friend

But Ill take Release, Oceans or Corduroy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I'll go the whole hog and even offer to be Puddy and write the entire Perth set list if needed. Man would we rock that night... :)

Gonna See My Friend went off in LA - all the new material did. Aussies, we're in for a treat.
    Great stuff. Im hoping they play lotsa new stuff. Da fixer is my toilet song
    DonJon wrote:

The fixer live is far rockier than it is on the album. Just about everyone in LA was screaming the yeah, yeah, yeahs with the band. These songs suit the live experience perfectly. I didn't get to hear supersonic, but from the youtube recordings I've seen that look pretty hot live too. and got some is just insane, johny guitar's big fat riffs are great, just breath and the end are simply beautiful (esp with strings), gonna see my friend rocks, unthought known, amoungst the waves - it's all just too good to capture in worlds - you'll see. :P

They could play the entire album (hmm even in order) and you'll love it all. 8-)
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    have to agree with a release or of the girl opener. although i love listening to the 2006 boot where they just exploded out of the gate with; go, animal, dte, comatose and corduroy, i'd rather a slow build up song into corduroy or hail hail....or both :D gar cant wait 18 days!!!!!
    joely_91 wrote:
    have to agree with a release or of the girl opener. although i love listening to the 2006 boot where they just exploded out of the gate with; go, animal, dte, comatose and corduroy, i'd rather a slow build up song into corduroy or hail hail....or both :D gar cant wait 18 days!!!!!

That was more a tour d' force than an opener of a concert - was incredible. I'd taken my partner to see her first pearl jam show and she was in awe of that opening. we were in row 7 infront of stone. they just exploded out of the box. this time we'll be taking her son (he's 11) to his first ever concert. hopefully we'll get up against the barrier and he'll be as blown away as she was. gotta love this band.
    joely_91 wrote:

That was more a tour d' force than an opener of a concert - was incredible. I'd taken my partner to see her first pearl jam show and she was in awe of that opening. we were in row 7 infront of stone. they just exploded out of the box. this time we'll be taking her son (he's 11) to his first ever concert. hopefully we'll get up against the barrier and he'll be as blown away as she was. gotta love this band.

Yeah this will be my first pearl jam concert, and my friends to, there was no way i was going to let her miss this especially after the year she's had with her mum passing and her dad never being home, appropriate birthday present much? :)
    joely_91 wrote:

Yeah this will be my first pearl jam concert, and my friends to, there was no way i was going to let her miss this especially after the year she's had with her mum passing and her dad never being home, appropriate birthday present much? :)

You are a true friend. The gift of Pearl Jam, esp Pearl Jam in 2009 is one she will never forget. She will be taken away from her worries for a few hours and hopefully your lives will be forever changed. The LA shows were as good, if not better than anything I have witnessed from them in all the shows I have seen here in Perth. After a couple of weeks off I expect them to be on fire for Perth. They never let us down on the West coast.

You are a true friend. The gift of Pearl Jam, esp Pearl Jam in 2009 is one she will never forget. She will be taken away from her worries for a few hours and hopefully your lives will be forever changed. The LA shows were as good, if not better than anything I have witnessed from them in all the shows I have seen here in Perth. After a couple of weeks off I expect them to be on fire for Perth. They never let us down on the West coast.

I hope so :) should be awesome, looking forward to meetin everyone there too!
    DonJon wrote:

The fixer live is far rockier than it is on the album. Just about everyone in LA was screaming the yeah, yeah, yeahs with the band. These songs suit the live experience perfectly. I didn't get to hear supersonic, but from the youtube recordings I've seen that look pretty hot live too. and got some is just insane, johny guitar's big fat riffs are great, just breath and the end are simply beautiful (esp with strings), gonna see my friend rocks, unthought known, amoungst the waves - it's all just too good to capture in worlds - you'll see. :P

They could play the entire album (hmm even in order) and you'll love it all. 8-)

Oh I trust you Mr Andrews dont worry about that :)

Shame about Supersonic....Im really looking forward to that live....love that track!!

Im sure Ill get to hear it at one of my 7 gigs
  • Shit, 2 and a half weeks to go :o Where's the time gone?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yep 'Outta the box' in 06' with 'Go' is spot on...excellent opener that night...wouldn't mind like an Oceans then Corduroy to kick off the GiG this time round :) but either way should be good :)
  • I Got Shit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    joely_91 wrote:

I would love Gonna See My Friend......Hey joely...are you catching the train up? We should meet up at the station - I'm in Warnbro..? :?:

I would love Gonna See My Friend......Hey joely...are you catching the train up? We should meet up at the station - I'm in Warnbro..? :?:

hey, yeah i sure am! No way i'm driving and waiting to get out after the show, train never fails. Probs get it from rockingham after go pick up my friend, i have no idea wat time I'm gona head up though :? but yeah should defs meet up :D
    joely_91 wrote:

hey, yeah i sure am! No way i'm driving and waiting to get out after the show, train never fails. Probs get it from rockingham after go pick up my friend, i have no idea wat time I'm gona head up though :? but yeah should defs meet up :D

Cool! Not sure what time we are going up - depends on what time we are supposed to pick tix up - I'll pm you when we know what train we are going to be on... :)
    They did 'Mankind' in Philly - now that and 'Undone' are two I wish they'd add to the Perth set list.
    I'm actually thinking Do the Evolution, then Red Mosquito, then Gonna See My Friend, then Go......are are going to rock out for sure!!!!! Haven't seen them since 95 in Melb - was right at the front - getting squished from all the people breaking down the barriers at the Music Bowl.......Thought I was going to die couldn't breathe at all - BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! Bring it on!!!!!!
    I'm actually thinking Do the Evolution, then Red Mosquito, then Gonna See My Friend, then Go......are are going to rock out for sure!!!!! Haven't seen them since 95 in Melb - was right at the front - getting squished from all the people breaking down the barriers at the Music Bowl.......Thought I was going to die couldn't breathe at all - BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! Bring it on!!!!!!

My guess is we'll see Ben Harper come out and join the band to do Red Mosquito in the second set like they did in LA 3 & 4. It was an awesome Jam with Mike and Ben trading solos, but after seeing it twice already, I'm hungry for something else - but hey, I'm sure everyone else will be thrilled to see it for the first time.

My guess is we'll see Ben Harper come out and join the band to do Red Mosquito in the second set like they did in LA 3 & 4. It was an awesome Jam with Mike and Ben trading solos, but after seeing it twice already, I'm hungry for something else - but hey, I'm sure everyone else will be thrilled to see it for the first time.

Yeah, c'mon man - think of us all that haven't been as abosuletly spoilt as you, and seen so many awesome shows!! hehe, seriously though - I don't care WHAT they play - the idea of being there at all - with so many years (for me) in between gigs - and life has just been shit lately.......idiot husband up and left recently, and we have 4 kids (thankfully none are coming with me - hehe...selfish I know!)...and you know, life can be really hard sometimes, so just the idea of being there, with the best band in the world, and the best fans in the world - it's an awesome thing, and I can't wait......counting down the days - for the last 2 weeks I have been putting a different PJ lyric up on my FB wall to 'educate and enlighten' my non PJ loving (! I know!) friends and family......and will continue until the concert

IT's all good :D
    - for the last 2 weeks I have been putting a different PJ lyric up on my FB wall to 'educate and enlighten' my non PJ loving (! I know!) friends and family......and will continue until the concert

IT's all good :D

I did that with Pearl Jam lyrics every day for a long long time - it used to help put all the shit into perspective...

This sums it up

"If you're going through some shit in your life chances are somebody else has gone through the same thing before ya. And they've written about it. Some poet or philosopher has been through the same type of crap, and they've written about it. And when you find that poem or piece of writing. You think bloody hell this bastard has just summed it all up. It's kinda comforting. Know what I mean?"

The Man (Michael) from "Two Hands"
    Yeah, it really does put stuff into perspective - and you know it's funny...cause when I start to write a particular lyric, and then read what I wrote (to make sure it's all spelt correctly!)...Usually I find that even without doing it consciously, I have picked a lyric that sums up my feelings or mood for that day perfectly, and it makes me feel better.......PJ lyrics are like none in the world, and I can always find one at least that helps me go through whatever emotion has surfaced (and there have been A LOT of them lately!!!)
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    So everyone's psyched up and getting ready for Perth!!! Oceans would be a great opener.
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    They did 'Mankind' in Philly - now that and 'Undone' are two I wish they'd add to the Perth set list.

They did undone last time at Subiaco.........but it was during soundcheck. :D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    gvn2fly12 wrote:

They did undone last time at Subiaco.........but it was during soundcheck. :D

Yeah, that doesn't count :)

So my request stands as is (I know I'm now getting greedy):

Opener : Of The Girl
    Lost Dogs Track: Undone
    Rare Album Track: Mankind
    Cover: I See Red - Split Enz

And I want them all dedicated to me hahahaha