Long Islanders going to Philly

Fighting HellfishFighting Hellfish Posts: 3,166
edited October 2009 in The Porch
or that have been there before...what time are you leaving the Island? Don't want to have another Hartford Disaster
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Leaving L.I, around 1:00pm I have one (1) extra ticket 4 each show!!!
    It's "Not" how U look but how U "Feel" ev
  • Leaving L.I, around 1:00pm I have one (1) extra ticket 4 each show!!!

ok, that's playing it REALLY safe. I wish I ha dthat luxury. Probably won't be able to leave from Wantagh until 4 at the earliest. Mapquest says it's should take 2:30, but that doesn't take rush hour travel into consideration
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Leaving L.I, around 1:00pm I have one (1) extra ticket 4 each show!!!

ok, that's playing it REALLY safe. I wish I ha dthat luxury. Probably won't be able to leave from Wantagh until 4 at the earliest. Mapquest says it's should take 2:30, but that doesn't take rush hour travel into consideration

if you leave at 4 or later and make it in 2 1/2 hours you will be doing real well. That Belt is a nightmare.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858

that is cutting it close
  • You guys are all leaving a lot later than me and everyone I know going. I'm probably leaving around 11, try to get there by 2:30. We plan on tailgaiting hard, is nobody else planning the same?
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    i would take the train
    i cant leave nyc til 2pm on fri and was debating on driving vs train
    not worth the stress esp when 2:44 gets me in at 4:10pm
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Crappy weather today, the Belt and Staten Island Expressway are going to be a mess, not to mention you are dealing with the rush hour traffic going South on the Turnpike.

Get out of work early and head down there earlier :)!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    I'm only hitting up the Friday & Saturday shows but i'm leaving here no later than 11:00 am Friday ,ain't taken no chances plus i wan't to get to the meetup bar with enough time for food & drinks plus have to check in at the Raddison :) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i have no idea. :|
    still waiting on my travel companion to let me know exactly when he plans on going. i don't like not knowing... :? :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    answering soley on the fact
    that all of Brooklyn and Queens
    are on the end of the Island of Great Length as well.

enjoy the show(s)
    :)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Retired NYC fireman looking to get back to Queens Wed. night if anyone has extra room. Will assist in gas & tolls 8-) . Please pm if you can help. Thanks, Peace
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    Retired NYC fireman looking to get back to Queens Wed. night if anyone has extra room. Will assist in gas & tolls 8-) . Please pm if you can help. Thanks, Peace
    NYC fireman needing help & no one answers the bell for a brother :shock: . What's this world coming to. I thought the 10c community was better than that :oops: . Good luck Joe
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
    cfbd68 wrote:
    NYC fireman needing help & no one answers the bell for a brother :shock: . What's this world coming to. I thought the 10c community was better than that :oops: . Good luck Joe
    Thanks. Hate to ask but still need a ride :cry: .
    What You Giving

• Black1991Black1991 Posts: 122
    leaving at 2 pm
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    hopefully leaving between 12:30 - 1:00 but we are planning to tailgate for a while.
    snipes824 wrote:
    hopefully leaving between 12:30 - 1:00 but we are planning to tailgate for a while.
    If your going to the show tomorrow do you have room on the way back Wed.? If you do I have a comcast ticket for you on Friday. I only need a ride back wed, I would fly straight into Philly( I pack lite, one small rollerboard) tomorrow & find a ticket. Heading to Philly friday for the last 2 shows with 2 other friends from NY, so 1 ticket is still available. We have 2 pair sec 326 & 301. I need to know by tonight to fly standby early tomorrow morning. I'll send you a pm. Thanks
    What You Giving

• snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    snipes824 wrote:
    If your going to the show tomorrow do you have room on the way back Wed.? If you do I have a comcast ticket for you on Friday. I only need a ride back wed, I would fly straight into Philly( I pack lite, one small rollerboard) tomorrow & find a ticket. Heading to Philly friday for the last 2 shows with 2 other friends from NY, so 1 ticket is still available. We have 2 pair sec 326 & 301. I need to know by tonight to fly standby early tomorrow morning. I'll send you a pm. Thanks
    i would love to help you out but we are staying down there for the whole week starting tomorrow. not coming home until sunday morning. sorry. good luck finding a ride.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    i have no idea. :|
    still waiting on my travel companion to let me know exactly when he plans on going. i don't like not knowing... :? :lol:

you can always take the train with me :)
    hope you find out soon.
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • taking the train is the best option at least going, but coming back it's recommended you either have a ride secured or are staying over. The last R7 to Trenton leaves at 11:50 and the last Amtrak before the crack of dawn is a little after midnight. If you're taking NJ Transit to Septa, the trains leave 37 after the hour and though your for SEPTA says 30th Street, take it to Suburban because that directly connects with the Broad Street Subway.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Any of you going on friday and coming back home?....I can only go to the friday show...but need to get home on saturday...please...this is whats making my decision....if i can get home...i just dont want to travel alone...thnx jamily
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....